Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

Users Country Flag

My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

Hi All, I have started this thread to allow Gen 2 Tiguan owners to share their experiences with the rest of us as we patiently (or not) wait for our Tiguan to arrive.

It will also be a place for questions to be asked and answered.

Happy posting.
    David
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Users Country Flag
    My wife has taken ownership of her White 132 ComfortLine. We've added the luxury pack, driver assist pack and sunroof.

What can I say. It's an amazing car. Comfortable, stylish and the safety features in the driver assist pack are just amazing. (If you're on the fence whether to add driver assist, don't hesitate to get it. I feel I'm now driving one of the safest cars in the world.)

Shane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi Shane. I fully agree with you. The DAP is a mandatory add on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Users Country Flag
    I actually think that Tiguans without DAP will likely suffer from steeper depreciation.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Most likely.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Delewin View Post
    The DAP is a mandatory add on.

I remain skeptical about DAP in general. In terms of park assist if I can't park the thing I certainly shouldn't be driving it and have vowed never to use it. Furthermore I wonder if things like ACC actually disconnect the driver from the act of being in control of the car rather than enhance it. We have DAP included but I remain deeply unconvinced about the 'benefits' of all of the DAP functions. I guess we shall see.
    Scirocco: Indium Grey, DSG, pana roof, Sat/Nav, Dynaudio, VWR springs and APR stage 1. Now sold
    Arriving April 17 Audi S3 sedan, Panther black, S-tronic, PP2, pano, matrix lights, assistance pack, 40:20:40 seats, mirror pack, light inlays

Tiguan: Tiguan 162TSI, DAP and pano in Habanero

Hi Mac135,

I agree that Park Assist is not a high priority feature but the Active Cruise Control is just fantastic especially in city driving.

This is the main feature that sold me on the Tiguan when I test drove a 132TSI with DAP. When I was road testing the 132 and ACC was on, I could accelerate and brake at any time. I was in complete control. I let it do the work of automatically braking and accelerating but had my foot “hovering” over the brake pedal, “Just in case”

Just my 2 cents worth.
    David

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Delewin View Post
    Hi Mac135,

I agree that Park Assist is not a high priority feature but the Active Cruise Control is just fantastic especially in city driving.

This is the main feature that sold me on the Tiguan when I test drove a 132TSI with DAP. When I was road testing the 132 and ACC was on, I could accelerate and brake at any time. I was in complete control. I let it do the work of automatically braking and accelerating but had my foot “hovering” over the brake pedal, “Just in case”

Just my 2 cents worth.
    David
    And a well argued 2 cents too. As I said we shall see what I really feel about it when we pick it up in about 5 weeks - Australia Day give or take.
    Scirocco: Indium Grey, DSG, pana roof, Sat/Nav, Dynaudio, VWR springs and APR stage 1. Now sold
    Arriving April 17 Audi S3 sedan, Panther black, S-tronic, PP2, pano, matrix lights, assistance pack, 40:20:40 seats, mirror pack, light inlays

Tiguan: Tiguan 162TSI, DAP and pano in Habanero

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac135 View Post
    I remain skeptical about DAP in general. In terms of park assist if I can't park the thing I certainly shouldn't be driving it and have vowed never to use it. Furthermore I wonder if things like ACC actually disconnect the driver from the act of being in control of the car rather than enhance it. We have DAP included but I remain deeply unconvinced about the 'benefits' of all of the DAP functions. I guess we shall see.
    I also see the park assist as a show off feature that I'll never use.

The 360° parking camera, lane change warning, ACC and lane assist are phenomenal. Also while I've never experienced the rear impact detection (and hope I never do), knowing it's there is comforting.

Definitely I don't feel disconnected from driving experience - in fact IMHO the lane assist is underrated - few times a slight distraction was saved by a gentle auto adjust by the system to stay in the lane.

I hope you love it as much as I do.

Thanks,
    Shane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Park assist is standard throughout the whole range, so not sure why it's being argued as a useless DAP feature.

Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast