Page 59 of 89 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpaladin67 View Post
    I have a symphony going on behind my dash at any given time on my Arteon, but i am putting it down to all the tech doing its thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah it sounds like the Terminator (Tiguanator?)... all sorts of air vents and butterflies closing, not to mention the electric handbrake engaging and side mirrors winding in.
    I’m used to it, and think it’s quite cool. The LED headlights self leveling/calibrating on startup is very cool too. Even KITT didn’t do that

Blog Entries
    I have two warranty claims in already, 3 week old car;

Coming from an Audi, the customer service isnt as good. They dont even wash or vacuum it when I get it back from a checkup. When I had an A4, no matter what you gave them the car for, be it an oil top-up or just a quick check for a rattle, it came back fully cleaned.

Car itself is nice, I am glad I got the 162TSI engine, I sold my beloved A4 and this has the same pull as the Audi.

Its comfortable and practical, things we wanted in a car. I'd have liked a Q5 but with all the options the Tigaun has, $70k-$80k, cant justify that kind of money now that baby moose is here. Q3 was too impractical and is still an older generation, I like the look of the Tiguan more.

Lets see how the warranty claims go and give it some time for me to drive, then I'll write up a more detailed review.

'Nice car' is my summary.
    VW Tiguan 2018 162TSI Highline
    VW Polo 2015 81TSI Comfortline

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by smarty View Post
    Did we get any resolution on that wiper flapping noise? Mines still doing it and coming into winter it’s going to annoy me

@NZ_GolfR???
    On a previous VW with the aero blades, i resolved it by shimming the gap between the wiper blade and arm with electrical tape so that the blade could only rotate about intended the pivot axis. The 'shudder' appeared to be due to excessive freeplay in the blade to arm interface.

Use of glass treatments can make it worse if they cause the wiper blade to 'catch'
    2018 Tiguan 110TSI Comfortline + DAP

Users Country Flag
    I am afraid this is just begging discovering issue wit your new Tiguan and quality difference comparing to your previous Audi . By the time pass you will notice and compare more and more and miss Audi quality . Everyone get catch with buying this mid size SUV by elegant pleasant looking design, nice AID and vey nappy engine 7.7s to100km or 6.5s on Highline which is really hard to bit in this price segment. However this car is full of quality issue and cheap made materials, even not find on competition lower cheaper car models This suppose not to be if VW would not try to save on Tiguan quality material built ,even if this would bring cost on end 2k-3k more on final car, or at least to offer customer model option at extra cost to choice like Tiguan with better decent car interior and car insulation , acoustic windows glassing option , to not hear howling wind and engine sound like been outside . You will understand more later one what I am talking , however Tiguan is good value but In not any mean luxury or quality car class , but just good looking design with nice engine .

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cameleon72 View Post
    I am afraid this is just begging discovering issue wit your new Tiguan and quality difference comparing to your previous Audi . By the time pass you will notice and compare more and more and miss Audi quality . Everyone get catch with buying this mid size SUV by elegant pleasant looking design, nice AID and vey nappy engine 7.7s to100km or 6.5s on Highline which is really hard to bit in this price segment. However this car is full of quality issue and cheap made materials, even not find on competition lower cheaper car models This suppose not to be if VW would not try to save on Tiguan quality material built ,even if this would bring cost on end 2k-3k more on final car, or at least to offer customer model option at extra cost to choice like Tiguan with better decent car interior and car insulation , acoustic windows glassing option , to not hear howling wind and engine sound like been outside . You will understand more later one what I am talking , however Tiguan is good value but In not any mean luxury or quality car class , but just good looking design with nice engine .
    I think it's completely unfair to compare it with Audi and luxury cars. I think you should think of the Tiguan as better than the Japanese budget options. In terms of issues, some things are subjective and some people are unlucky. I've had no issues at all with mine. Yes wind noise driver side. That's the only thing. Everything else is high quality and I'm a happy customer.

Users Country Flag
    Picked up my 132 comfort with DAP on Monday. Extremely happy so far. A pretty massive upgrade from my 03 Magna! Quite impressed with the fuel efficiency so far. Half a tank down and around 250km travelled (mainly city driving too). Have managed to have a good play with OBD11 and make a few changes (TMC, Road Sign Recognition, ALG, plus a few visual tweaks).

Loving the ACC and all the other smarts that it comes with. Very happy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pzero View Post
    I think it's completely unfair to compare it with Audi and luxury cars. I think you should think of the Tiguan as better than the Japanese budget options. In terms of issues, some things are subjective and some people are unlucky. I've had no issues at all with mine. Yes wind noise driver side. That's the only thing. Everything else is high quality and I'm a happy customer.
    Agree. And to clarify my post. I was just noting my experiences regarding customer service between the two. I did mention the Q5 and Q3 but not in comparison of luxury build quality, just why I didnt buy them instead. I did compare the participially of the Q3 vs the Tiguan, where the Tiguan wins in my books, and the engine power between my last car and this one.

A VW is not a luxury badge and I'm well aware that the cars cant be compared in that sense. Power, practically, space etc can be compared of course, I can compare my cars power to a Holden Astra, but when it comes to build obviously not.
    Last edited by anonymousmoose; 20-04-2018 at 02:01 PM.
    VW Tiguan 2018 162TSI Highline
    VW Polo 2015 81TSI Comfortline

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    I have two warranty claims in already, 3 week old car;

... I'd have liked a Q5 but with all the options the Tigaun has, $70k-$80k, cant justify that kind of money now that baby moose is here
    The Audi Q5 is made in Mexico

I find it hard to believe a made in Mexico (Q5) has less factory defects than a made in Germany model (162 Highline)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cameleon72 View Post
    I am afraid this is just begging discovering issue wit your new Tiguan and quality difference comparing to your previous Audi...
    However this car is full of quality issue and cheap made materials, even not find on competition lower cheaper car models
    Can you provide more details of what specifically are the VW Highline quality issues that you are referring to ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    The Audi Q5 is made in Mexico

I find it hard to believe a made in Mexico (Q5) has less factory defects than a made in Germany model (162 Highline)
    Why is that?

Page 59 of 89 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast