Page 49 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

Congrats dude, thanks for the write-up, they keep me sane during the wait!
    2007 GOLF GTI - Reflex Silver | 5DR | DSG | Sunroof | Full Tint | Black Leather
    2017 TIGUAN 162 - Indium Grey | R-Line | DAP | Pano Roof | Full Tint - Ordered 30/3/17 Collected 23/11/17

Ok i picked up my car on Friday and did my first 500 odd ks over the weekend.

The car is everything i hoped for plus more.
    The 162 has all the pull to get you in trouble pretty quick.
    The engine is smooth and the power is there even though i didn't push it too much yet.

The DSG is nothing to worry about.It has the car in the right gear all the time when in auto and is quick and smooth in manual .

The car in sports mode is very responsive and the steering is precise.
    Of course it isn't a Gti or R so no comparison to those but does a very decent job in the twisties .

ACC does all the right things when activated and keeps the car in the chossen distance and brakes and accelerate when necessary.

I didn't get a chance to test TJA as yet but i am confident it will do what needs to be done.

Lane guidance assist keeps the car in check and gives you a gentle reminder to resume steering when you get too lazy.It does not bounce you side to side rather gently brings the car back to centre when veer off left or right.

Light cornering assist is spookingly awesome and the initial headlight check sequence is freakish too watch My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far
    The seats are really comfy and for an average build person offer good support .

I really love the infotainment unit and the AID even though i need to spend a few more hrs exploring all the features .I don't think i have scratched the surface of whats there yet.

One thing that impressed me is how quiet the cabin is even with the 20s and low profile tyres the road noice is minimal. Definitely no wind noice here ,none whatsoever.

Talking about noice the sound quality from the discover pro is not as bad as some of the other guys mentioned in other posts. It feels the cabin nicely and if u lift the EQ balance to around 75% the mids ands lows come to life without any clarity loss.It sure isn't at the higher end of audiophile stage but does a decent job.

The car has a nice balance of high tech ,luxury and sports feel to it and does certainly turns heads .

I am really happy with the choice i made and look forward to get a few ks behind the wheel.
    No negatives to mention at this point ,hopefully it stays like that.
    Will update my experience/review as time goes by.

Any questions im happy to answer them as we all get more familiar with these cars .

Black 162 RLine fully loaded

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for summing up my experience for me popeye. I absolutely agree with your comments.
    DSG is an amazing piece of tech and spot on.
    I can flip it to manual and get a nice little fart on the upshift and a nice note to the exhaust. It is a family car and a luxurious ride was a priority, the price gap between a fully optioned Comfortline and the base Highline meant the 162kw engine was a pleasant bonus.
    Flipping the DSG to Sport brings fantastic responsiveness... it seems to lift the idle a couple of hundred RPM and throttle response off the mark is nicely aggressive when I’m in the mood.
    The lighting is awesome. The cornering lights fade on and off at low speed as I turn the wheel, and I love seeing the active cornering lights sweeping left and right around the bends. Very intuitive. Yes, the headlight check sequence is like a robot’s boot sequence from a sci-fi. Love it.
    I also like the ‘comfort’ lights in the door panels that seem to know when I’m arriving home and fade on as I’m driving up my driveway. It’s a prompt for the wife and kids to start collecting up their crap to take with them when they get out. 😂
    Boot space is a slight step down from my Mondeo, but a known compromise for this class of SUV that I’m very happy to make.
    About 600 km now, and no squeaks or rattles. Touch wood.
    I’m very happy with the purchase!

Users Country Flag
    im just about to put a deposit down on an rline 140tdi with DAP
    can someone please give me their experience with the diesel motor?
    i cant wait 6 months for a 162tsi, i need a car asap

im coming from a Touareg 180tdi and also own a 147tsi jetta - love both cars

i test drove both 140tdi and 162tsi, and obviously the 162 is zippier, but didnt find the 140tdi bad at all

should i wait the 6 months for petrol or get the Diesel today?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DoggiesUtd View Post

i test drove both 140tdi and 162tsi, and obviously the 162 is zippier, but didnt find the 140tdi bad at all

The wait sucks. I picked a non R-Line Highline 162TSI, partly to minimise the wait.
    My last car (08 Mondeo) was my first and only diesel. Fuel economy was great. Sydney to Canberra and back twice on one 70L tank.
    Performance was good for the ~90kw 320NM 2.0 tdci with a six speed auto. Nothing exciting though.
    The agricultural sound of the diesel was not my favourite, and I got absolutely sick of the reek of diesel in the car, on the soles of my shoes and hands from the general slick that surrounds diesel bowsers. Also constantly wiping the ‘post urinary drip’ of diesel below the fuel flap was annoying.
    I picked the 162TSI and am loving it. Sweet sound, still torquey enough, excitingly zippy and none of the issues above. Also glad not to be fiddling around with AdBlue additives.
    If I decide to get a big boat (I haven’t towed anything in 15 years), I might consider a diesel again, otherwise petrol, hybrid or electric are my future choices.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

If you only do short trips and low kms per week then petrol is much more convenient with less hassles. If you travel with regular ~30 min to 1 hr trips each week then the tdi is the better option.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Delewin View Post
    If you only do short trips and low kms per week then petrol is much more convenient with less hassles. If you travel with regular ~30 min to 1 hr trips each week then the tdi is the better option.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    hmmm so undecided
    60k brand new, indium colour rline 140tdi with DAP

have to accept today or will miss out

will leave decision up to missus since its her car

Users Country Flag
    Not sure what you're asking? You said you can't wait 6 months and need a car ASAP? Doesn't that make it a non-decision?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianb View Post
    Not sure what you're asking? You said you can't wait 6 months and need a car ASAP? Doesn't that make it a non-decision?
    sure does!
    but i was more asking, if people had the TDI and their thoughts, but doesnt really matter now
    i had to move fast
    are you on whirlpoolforums lol

Users Country Flag

I've only ever had 1 diesel (a Ford Territory) and hated it as it was mostly city and suburban driving. I've driven a bunch of other diesels over the years, some older and some newer, some better and some worse.

My two cents, if I was after a primarily tow vehicle then I'd go diesel again (although probably not a Tiguan for this) but around the city it just doesn't stack up. The Tiguan is absolutely a city car in my view - capable enough for the odd dirt road on a visit to the wineries in springtime

Are you DU86 on WP? haha Yeah - Adrian is me

Page 49 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast