Page 20 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    You can activate traffic info (traffic congestion on maps) via a VCDS setting.
    Ah, ok, thanks. Sounds like an obvious thing you'd want on. Do you have any idea why it needs activating by the dealer rather than being on by default?

Quote Originally Posted by latearrival View Post
    Ah, ok, thanks. Sounds like an obvious thing you'd want on. Do you have any idea why it needs activating by the dealer rather than being on by default?
    The dealer won't do it. Against policy.

You'll need someone with VCDS to activate it for you. A simple task. 5 minutes max.

Users Country Flag

Question

Quote Originally Posted by IsDon View Post
    The dealer won't do it. Against policy.
    Because this is a feature that we're not supposed to have and so it's turned off?

Users Country Flag
    Because this is a feature that we're not supposed to have and so it's turned off?
    Does anyone in Melb know where we can get it done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, it's not licensed in Australia by VW, so it is disabled by default.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

I am trying to get tyre pressure and the traffic sign detection displayed on active info display. Anyone ??, please.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus_fas View Post
    I am trying to get tyre pressure and the traffic sign detection displayed on active info display. Anyone ??, please.
    I didn't think road sign detection was available on Australian models. Can't help with tyre pressure monitoring as I don't have my Tig yet.

Users Country Flag
    I didn't think road sign detection was available on Australian models. Can't help with tyre pressure monitoring as I don't have my Tig yet.
    Seems to be - was mentioned in one of the Australian reviews (in the context that it wasn't always detecting the right speed limit).

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    Seems to be - was mentioned in one of the Australian reviews (in the context that it wasn't always detecting the right speed limit).
    Found it. This one: http://www.motoring.com.au/volkswage...review-105631/

"The traffic sign recognition in the Tiguan’s sat-nav system was occasionally fooled by advisory speed limit signs, on occasion posting a ’45’ or ’35’ rather than the ’60’, ’80’ or ‘100’ speed limit zones that actually applied. On one occasion we noted that the system readjusted swiftly after the car was past the road sign in question."

I can't find any other reference to sign recognition anywhere else. I find that paragraph a bit confusing too. Sign recognition is done via a camera not via the sat-nav. Perhaps the reviewer got muddled up with speed limit info contained in the sat-nav maps, rather than by a camera that was reading speed signs by the side of the road.

Sign recognition is done by a camera. The same camera used for lane assist. No lane assist then it's not possible. If it's not activated by default or a driver setting then it can be activated with VCDS I believe.

Tyre pressure monitoring isn't displayed as the system doesn't actually monitor the pressure in the tyre per se. The system works through the ABS sensor on each wheel. When you first get your new car, and whenever you change tyres or change tyre pressures you must initialise the system for it to work correctly. Once it has those "pressures" stored it then very accurately keeps track of the rotational speed of each wheel. A deflated tyre will obviously rotate faster than the system expects it should for a given speed which the TPMS will sense. This will then set off a caution for a deflated tyre and tell you which wheel is affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 20 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast