Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by REXman View Post

Finally! It has arrived. Initial impressions:

Black looks great in person.

Really enjoyed the ride home. Smooth as silk to drive. Obviously with so few KMs, the car is virtually silent with little power.

Can't wait to have a longer steer. Need to bed it in with 1500kms then will take it for a proper "drive".

(Most car nuts will notice the motor unwind greatly between 1500-5000KMs).

I didn't bother bedding in the Golf R and that resulted in a motor that uses way too much oil. After bedding in every other car I've ever owned and Never having an issue.

The technology on this car will keep me busy for a long time. Love that it has the dampers that stiffen up like my R, the ability to sync 2 phones at once and just how fluid the head unit operation is.

Very quiet inside. I'm impressed overall. I will give a short write up once some more driving is done.

Negatives? Only negative so far will be the audio. It's flat and lacks any depth. Dynaudio is a must option, and although not for everyone, I will probably go down the aftermarket route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks nice, enjoy!

MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

Users Country Flag
    Negatives? Only negative so far will be the audio. It's flat and lacks any depth. Dynaudio is a must option, and although not for everyone, I will probably go down the aftermarket route.
    I will be keen to hear what solution you come up with... when you go down that road of course!
    2017 Tiguan R Line 162TSI, DAP, White. Upgraded speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I asked them not to sticker my Skoda when I bought it even had it on the sales contract, when I picked it up low and behold there was a big old sticker on it. I waited while they took it off, the buggers won though as they put it back on at the first service.
    Well I guess you won't be going back there for a service then.

What assholes!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by IsDon View Post
    Well I guess you won't be going back there for a service then.

What assholes!
    Not now that its out of warranty, though my main reason for not going back isnt the sticker but its the attitude of the dealership which the sticker shows. Yes they are rubbish and I'm rather glad that they lied about my original order allowing me to change dealerships and get my deposit back.
    Tiguan 162TSI Highline Indium | R-Line pack | DAP | Tow pack |
    Octavia 2012 vRS | TDI | White | DSG | Tow pack |

My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

Finally! It has arrived. Initial impressions:

Black looks great in person.

Really enjoyed the ride home. Smooth as silk to drive. Obviously with so few KMs, the car is virtually silent with little power.

Can't wait to have a longer steer. Need to bed it in with 1500kms then will take it for a proper "drive".

(Most car nuts will notice the motor unwind greatly between 1500-5000KMs).

I didn't bother bedding in the Golf R and that resulted in a motor that uses way too much oil. After bedding in every other car I've ever owned and Never having an issue.

The technology on this car will keep me busy for a long time. Love that it has the dampers that stiffen up like my R, the ability to sync 2 phones at once and just how fluid the head unit operation is.

Very quiet inside. I'm impressed overall. I will give a short write up once some more driving is done.

Great !! Ordered black as well.. looking good. I heard the audio on the standard 162tsi and didn't sound too bad. Maybe after spending 4yrs listening to a standard golf tsi system is the reason I think it's a step up. Hahahaa. I also used to run my cars in Over the 1500km but from what I hear, the engines are well run in before we get our hands on them so there is no real need to run them in.. I still personally would just like you ...

Tiguan 162tsi rline (May 2017) - NSW, Northern Beaches

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Bear View Post
    Great !! Ordered black as well.. looking good. I heard the audio on the standard 162tsi and didn't sound too bad. Maybe after spending 4yrs listening to a standard golf tsi system is the reason I think it's a step up. Hahahaa. I also used to run my cars in Over the 1500km but from what I hear, the engines are well run in before we get our hands on them so there is no real need to run them in.. I still personally would just like you ...

Hey thanks and you made a good choice black looks stunning. Not great when dirty but it's awesome when clean.

The audio is improving. I keep forgetting that the car has 40KMs and even the speakers aren't broken in yet. Again I don't expect it to blow me away - but - it's sounding a little less flat and more rounded as it gets used. Bass and treble have both improved so I think judgement in a few weeks will be best. I think it will still be a 6/10 but it's better than the 4/10 I was giving it.

As for engine wear in - after listening to all the advice about new engines having much tighter tolerances (given new manufacturing techniques compared with cars made years ago) - and even some advice about revving the car when new so that good seals form in the cylinder - I will definitely be doing nothing other than babying it when new. I followed the above and my Golf uses 1ltr every 2000kms. Sometimes more. Sometimes less. Worst thing I ever did. One of the things about the Golf R, is that it supposed to use very little oil even around a race track given the bottom end design of the motor.

I'm taking it a step further driving it around in standard mode. Vary the revs. And keeping the revs low. Max 3k rpm. Once 1500KMs I will rev 4500rpm, then at 3000kms I will stretch to redline. I've always done it like this and I've always had an engine that has dyno'd well and been faultless.
    As you do more KM's, It's great, you can hear the carbon building up in the exhaust as it goes from sounding kitchen appliance quiet to slowly getting a car sound. Can't wait for around 3-5k when it will sound it's best.

Brief updates
    The auto parking thing is amazing. I've used it a few times now. It's so easy to use and it works great. It still feels wired seeing the steering wheel do all that on it own.

Lane assist
    Wow. I'm driving and can literally let go of the steering wheel (with my hands only fractions away) and it will steer for you around a long sweeper. Works well when doing around 70 or more. Truly impressive how well it seems to do it. Scary!

2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Users Country Flag
    Can someone with a Highline explain how to get an apple carplay map that's on the main screen onto the driver info display? When I switch to Nav on info display it shows car's internal Nav, so I have an apple map on one screen and internal Nav on the other. Can't seem to find it in driver's handbook.

Users Country Flag
    Just returned from a short holiday break in Hawkes Bay/Napier. A good drive through valleys and all kinds of weather, we saw a few trucks being blown off the road, but the R-line behaved well..., although... during rain I noticed a few drops falling in the footwell, on the footrest, on the right.

The camera assistants... I "damaged" a rim (for the first time in my life) by scraping a thick layer rubber paint off a curb, because the surface of the pavement and the road was exactly the same. It looks like I was lucky that the paint got stuck on the rim without the concrete scraping the aluminium.

Then the good part; while we drove along a pebble beach near Napier, the tracks got deeper and deeper, till I thought "this is as far as I'll go". I gently turned the car, didn't get stuck despite the warning on the screen, and got back in the track. After a few minutes another car was approaching from the other side and I thought about what to do. As we came closer, the other driver started to wave that we had to move aside for him. I decided to share the track with him, to keep moving, and to have good traction on one side of the car for both of us.
    I didn't want to stop to prevent getting stuck, and the other driver in his off road pick up didn't seem to share the same idea....
    So, I kept moving in "off-road" setting, kept gently going around the a--hole who moved just 20cm to the side. After I got back in the track (through the unsettled pebbles on the beach, and without any hassles) I looked in the mirror, and noticed the a--hole got stuck. Karma...

My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far-napier-19-1-2016-vw-beached-jpg
    Last edited by TungstenR; 22-01-2017 at 07:24 PM.

VW Tiguan R-line 162kw, Tungsten Silver Metallic, Titanium Black-Crystal Gray.
    ACC, DCC, AID, HUD, DAP, ALS, LED, DSG, TSI, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    I haven't seen any highlines/with or without R-Line packs on the road yet. I've seen a bunch of comfortlines, but I'm hanging to see the higher spec models.
    Seen a white rline around curl curl and a Tiguan rline indium grey around collaroy

I suspect we will be seeing a few more on the road in the coming month .. they sure look classy!

Users Country Flag

The white R-Line could be the demo from the dealership in Brookvale. I saw a highline in Habenero Orange in Dee Why on Saturday. Actually looks like a nice colour (although my wife didn't think so!).

Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast