Page 50 of 89 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

Quote Originally Posted by DoggiesUtd View Post
    sure does!
    but i was more asking, if people had the TDI and their thoughts, but doesnt really matter now
    i had to move fast
    are you on whirlpoolforums lol

Can't wait long enough to use capitals or punctuation either.
    Last edited by IsDon; 27-09-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Hi All,
    We just took delivery of our MY18 Tiguan 140 Rline with DAP.

I agree the park assist should be reserved for the TV Commercials. Seriously if you can't park a car, then how the heck did you get your license.

The only aid I use is the proximity sensor (radar) beeper. I don't look at the camera as I find it disorienting. The beep frequency allows me to judge how close I am especially as nice when its dark.

The ACC is good and works ok.. I had it on yesterday and works ok. It DOESN'T work when some idiot locks up the brakes in front of you. I had to engage the brakes quickly myself. However, it's good on the motorways to keep a safe distance with cars that don't use their CC.

We come from a MY12 Passat Highline wagon. There are a few things I miss already such as the separate little lever for CC functionality and positioning of Vol +/- buttons on steering wheel.

The seats on the new Tig are really comfortable and feels like they were custom made for my body shape. My wife who's a foot shorter than me feels the same.

The Adaptive dampeners really work.. I set it "Comfort" and it really helps with our crap roads (an improvement on the Passat).

I never had android car before, But I would've preferred that this works over Bluetooth. Currently, this only works via USB.

All in all I'me very impressed that you can get all this technology in a car under $60k.

Thanks
    Tom
    MYO6 Sub Liberty GT
    MY03 MK4 Golf + Sunroof (Blue) (Wifes)
    MY12 Passat Wagon 125TDi Highline + DA + Tow Kit (Blue)
    JUST RECEIVED - MY18 Tiguan 140TDI R Line + DA + Tow Kit (White)

Users Country Flag
    All right.. I have had my MY18 Tiguan Highline (DAP+ RLine) for over 2 months now. Absolute joy to drive and very happy with it... with one exception.
    The cruise control+ TJA ....
    On highways when vehicles slow down and roll forward, it works like a treat and I use it all the time.
    But on normal roads (Speed limits 60 or 70) with traffic signals is where I am seeing some weird behaviour (I do not think TJA is built for this scenario, but want to check if others have similar issues).
    Lets say I am rolling (ACC Active) on at 60KPH on the road and a about 400mts down there is a signal and there is a single car there. No cars are there between mine and the one at the signal. The car at the signal is at a completed stop.
    Now... as my car nears it I find that:
    a) The car does not slow down and down right does not register the existence of the car at the signal.
    b) When I apply the brakes and come to a complete stop and re-engage the ACC, it immediately recognizes the car in front of me
    c) This is never the case for a car moving at say 40 KPH and coming to a stop in front of me.

Am I missing something here? Isn't the radar always looking when ACC is active?

@Moderators - Please let me know if this is not the right post for the query.

Users Country Flag
    When I test drove mine the dealer said that it did not work for stationary cars. If you let it go the emergency breaking system would kick in (wouldn't be pleasant!) so sounds like what you are experiencing is normal.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by subbi View Post
    All right.. I have had my MY18 Tiguan Highline (DAP+ RLine) for over 2 months now. Absolute joy to drive and very happy with it... with one exception.
    The cruise control+ TJA ....
    On highways when vehicles slow down and roll forward, it works like a treat and I use it all the time.
    But on normal roads (Speed limits 60 or 70) with traffic signals is where I am seeing some weird behaviour (I do not think TJA is built for this scenario, but want to check if others have similar issues).
    Lets say I am rolling (ACC Active) on at 60KPH on the road and a about 400mts down there is a signal and there is a single car there. No cars are there between mine and the one at the signal. The car at the signal is at a completed stop.
    Now... as my car nears it I find that:
    a) The car does not slow down and down right does not register the existence of the car at the signal.
    b) When I apply the brakes and come to a complete stop and re-engage the ACC, it immediately recognizes the car in front of me
    c) This is never the case for a car moving at say 40 KPH and coming to a stop in front of me.

Am I missing something here? Isn't the radar always looking when ACC is active?

@Moderators - Please let me know if this is not the right post for the query.
    subbi

What you described at a) is exactly what I am experiencing and is very disconcerting. I had a MY17 before my current MY18 and don’t believe it exhibited this, so perhaps a software issue in MY18.
    Also noticed when cars pass you slowly in the right hand lane with ACC activated, the car automatically slows by 2-3kms until the car is a certain distance in front irrespective of whether it merges into your lane or not, before resuming your set speed, I guess as a defensive mechanism, but IMO not that useful.
    MY18Tiguan 162STI, Rline, DAP, T/B, Tungsten

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    subbi

What you described at a) is exactly what I am experiencing and is very disconcerting. I had a MY17 before my current MY18 and don’t believe it exhibited this, so perhaps a software issue in MY18.
    Also noticed when cars pass you slowly in the right hand lane with ACC activated, the car automatically slows by 2-3kms until the car is a certain distance in front irrespective of whether it merges into your lane or not, before resuming your set speed, I guess as a defensive mechanism, but IMO not that useful.
    Oh.. I almost forgot the strange ACC suddenly slowing down for vehicles on the right. Got pissed on the M1. I was on the 4th lane doing 110. Some idiot in the third lane was going merrily at 100 odd.No one in front of me and what do I see.. the car slows down to 100 odd for no reason. had to press the accelerator and pass in order for ACC to start looking straight and not to the right.
    As regards the original post, I agree it is disconcerting. There is no reason why the car can detect another one moving at 20 KPH, but not one which is stationary. There has to be some reasoning.

First off the Tiguan is not an autonomous car and was never sold as such. These are driver aids and designed to assist you in driving the car and not drive it for you.

In regards to the stationary object I am certain the system has recognised the object. It however thinks you’re either going to stop or manoeuvre around the object rather than run right into it.

So it is waiting for your input as to what you’re going to do.

If you don’t decide and just drive straight ahead it will emergency brake to avoid hitting the object (car) but this is only because you have not steered or braked yourself.

So I see the system is working as it should as a driver aid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    First off the Tiguan is not an autonomous car and was never sold as such. These are driver aids and designed to assist you in driving the car and not drive it for you.

In regards to the stationary object I am certain the system has recognised the object. It however thinks you’re either going to stop or manoeuvre around the object rather than run right into it.

So it is waiting for your input as to what you’re going to do.

If you don’t decide and just drive straight ahead it will emergency brake to avoid hitting the object (car) but this is only because you have not steered or braked yourself.

So I see the system is working as it should as a driver aid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1. At all times you are the driver in control and should be prepared to override the systems whether by using the accelerator, brakes or just disengaging it.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    During first wash I noticed 2 holes on the rear brake lights plastic surround located inside the boot. LoL whats that again I hear you ask, Scratching head? Picture attached.

My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far-back-light-jpg

Are the caps missing from these holes or is everyones like this ?

Users Country Flag

I’m hearing a rattle in the (empty) sunglasses box in the headliner (no sunroof). Anyone else noticed this?

Otherwise, 1700km and lovin’ it!

Page 50 of 89 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast