Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

Users Country Flag

Hi, I checked out the BOOT TRAY VARIABLE LOADING FLOOR in a demo car at my local dealer and yes it did not sit perfect in the boot. I mentioned this to the salesman who showed me how to lower the boot floor and when lowered the TRAY sat perfectly in place and flush with the boot lip. He said the TRAY is designed to be flush with the bit lip when the boot floor is in the lowest position.
    Current: MY17 VW Tiguan Highline 162TSI - Pure White, R-Line, Driver Assistance Pack, Sunroof
    MY14 Audi S3 Sedan, Misano Red, Performance Pack, Sunroof
    MY11 VW Golf R - Candy White. Bluetooth, MDI, Sunroof, RNS510

Users Country Flag
    Ahh well there you go, dealership fail

Quote Originally Posted by NjB View Post
    Yeah black would make a difference in terms of light blocking I suppose.
    Thanks for the review of the sunroof! Glad it's not too hot given I have ordered

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NjB View Post
    Are you finding issues with heat coming through the sunroof on hot days? Do you find it annoying that the internal cover isn't total blackout?

I sat in one a few weeks ago on a mid 20s day and as I am tall my head was very near the roof and the heat coming through was distinctly noticeable and the metal strip at the front end of the internal blind was almost burning to the touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by wiredless View Post
    Thanks for the review of the sunroof! Glad it's not too hot given I have ordered

I think he said his practical experience was that it was too hot.

VW Tiguan R-line 162kw, Tungsten Silver Metallic, Titanium Black-Crystal Gray.
    ACC, DCC, AID, HUD, DAP, ALS, LED, DSG, TSI, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wiredless View Post

I have the same type of roof in my A6 Allroad. Glass roof, shade mesh style internal cover.

I must admit thinking the same when I first bought it. Wondering if it would be too hot in summer.

Glad to report it's been absolutely fine. No noticeable heat above what any car would be.

Users Country Flag
    Interesting how actual owner's aren't having an issue yet I distinctly noticed it - especially the burning to touch metal strip at the front. I wonder whether the colour of the "shade cloth" cover is a factor with the non-R-Lines having the beige(?) colour as opposed to black (as in could that influence a psychological feeling of heat due to the large amount of light it allows in)

My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far-img_1707-jpgMy Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far-img_1703-jpg

Users Country Flag
    I find it slightly warmer than non sunroof cars but not by much. I just dial the air conditioning slightly cooler to compensate.

Users Country Flag
    Highline TDI140 with DAP 3 weeks. Got it for $51k on road. Love the car having come from a 2008 Tiguan TDI.

Negatives first:
    1) Turbo/DSG lag!!! There is a definite pause before power is delivered. Really irritating and a step down from the previous gen. Even in sport mode the same responsiveness is not achieved at the lower end.
    2) Auto motor off. Really irritating that this needs to be turned off every drive. Advised to do so as the battery gets smashed badly and requires much earlier replacement ($$$). Furthermore this put me in harms way once when I needed to take off promptly from an intersection and the delay in motor start-up combined with turbo lag really delayed my run.

Positives:
    Everything else!!
    1) DAP - a definite yes. Pay the money people if only for the digital instrument cluster and GPS between dials. ACC really great in traffic jams.
    2) Turning circle - much improved.
    3) Boot space - brilliant
    4) Turbo engine noise - reduced
    5) Rear seats - lovely place to be now. A/C supply much improved and leg room wonderful.

I could go on.

Anyway. Generally well done VW. (fingers crossed reliability,...).
    Last edited by peteracain; 21-12-2016 at 04:58 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by peteracain View Post
    Highline TDI140 with DAP 3 weeks. Got it for $51k on road. Love the car having come from a 2008 Tiguan TDI.

Negatives first:
    1) Turbo/DSG lag!!! There is a definite pause before power is delivered. Really irritating and a step down from the previous gen. Even in sport mode the same responsiveness is not achieved at the lower end.
    2) Auto motor off. Really irritating that this needs to be turned off every drive. Advised to do so as the battery gets smashed badly and requires much earlier replacement ($$$). Furthermore this put me in harms way once when I needed to take off promptly from an intersection and the delay in motor start-up combined with turbo lag really delayed my run.

Positives:
    Everything else!!
    1) DAP - a definite yes. Pay the money people if only for the digital instrument cluster and GPS between dials. ACC really great in traffic jams.
    2) Turning circle - much improved.
    3) Boot space - brilliant
    4) Turbo engine noise - reduced
    5) Rear seats - lovely place to be now. A/C supply much improved and leg room wonderful.

I could go on.

Anyway. Generally well done VW. (fingers crossed reliability,...).
    Hey Peteracain,

You can get the VCDS coded to disable the start stop function, i did this for my 2016 Golf R. Will be getting it on the wifes Tiguan too as well as some tail light custom coding

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peteracain View Post

Negatives first:
    I think this is more a reflection of the Diesel engine than the DSG/turbo. All the reviewers have noted the Diesel engine is sluggish. I imagine it's because VW is so careful now to make their diesels comply due to Dieselgate, that performance has suffered. Any particular reason why you chose the Diesel engine?

Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast