Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mk7.5 Golf R exhaust on Mk2 Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Lacksballs View Post
    I’m not sure by fitting a non valve Mk 7 exhaust you are achieving anything? Unless it’s an after market R exhaust that does physically doesn’t have the bi modal function???

Isn't non-valved the same as a valved version with the valves being permanently opened?

Or am I completely off the mark?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by csingh View Post
    Isn't non-valved the same as a valved version with the valves being permanently opened?

Or am I completely off the mark?
    The valves are in 2 of the pipes, they're normally operated by motors. What you're referring to as non-valved still has the valves in the pipes, but the Golf R owner kept the motors to fit to an aftermarket muffler.

Most of the Golf R mufflers seem to be sold without the motors, which gives you 2 options:
    1. acquire and rig up our own motors with a switch in the cabin
    2. manually operate the valves - tack weld them open

I can't see why anyone would close the valves permanently as it defeats the purpose of having the Golf R muffler apart from looks,
    you may as well glue 4 fake tips to your bumper and leave the factory muffler in place.

Thank you, will definitely be setting them to open, no need to have them closed at any point

I'll speak with the exhaust shop when they install it all.
    Last edited by csingh; 08-05-2023 at 09:53 AM.

Thank you, will definitely be setting them to open, no need to have them closed at any point

I'll speak with the exhaust shop when they install it all.
    FYI if you manually open them they should stay open. There is enough space to reach up once the muffler is installed if you did want to close them. I found mine droned at certain RPM so I closed with the family in the car.

I ended up sourcing some motors someone was getting rid of and installed with APR controller.
    2019 Tiguan R-Line - IS38 Turbo - Spectuned - X-Force Downpipe - RS7 Spark Plugs - CTS Inlet Elbow - ECS Inlet Pipe - K&N Panel Filter - Golf R Muffler - APR Exhaust Controller - Superpro Rear Swaybar - Digital Dash Retrofitted - 034 Dogbone Mount - DBA T3 Rotors & Pads - Golf R Springs

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy35851 View Post

I ended up sourcing some motors someone was getting rid of and installed with APR controller.

I've been thinking about this. How much work was it after the muffler was installed? Does it have to come off again in order to install the motors, wiring, etc?

I think in general the outer casing of these muflers are the same..it's the inner works that are different.So the old 162 tsi mufler has some sound deaffening stuff on the right side of the casing. You can often see that the right side is a little coroded/rusted because of that stuff being moist.A 7 or 7,5R mufler hasn't got any of that stuff..just some perforated pipe/plate.I had a tune(stage 1)and the 7,5R mufler for some time now and because of the extension of the pipes it was easier to delete the valves on either side all together.On,let's say 3/4 to full throttle i had a very noticeable crackle when upshifting but that was still without a res delete.Now,i did a res delete just 2 days ago(friday)and at first startup i couldn't tell there was any difference.But...yes there is a but,after driving for 30 seconds there was a nice full deep sound just a cruisin speed.When you hit the throttle and the car upshifts....OMG..it now amplifies the crackle at every upshift and it's reasonably loud but still exeptable and i love it.The coldstart is certainly louder and no drone at any speed.So, warm and deep when cruisin,but at every upshift it now looks like you lost a bag of nails out of the trunk of your car...people now know that there has been some work done to this car.
    Last edited by Er32k; 15-05-2023 at 07:01 AM.

I've been thinking about this. How much work was it after the muffler was installed? Does it have to come off again in order to install the motors, wiring, etc?
    Depends how handy you are., but yes it can be done with the muffler on the car, no need to remove.
    - Need the nuts to hold the motors on
    - APR / Switchpath wiring
    - 12V Socket Plug

Run the wiring to each motor, cable tie to car, run wiring up into cabin, join 12V plug and plug into boot socket.
    2019 Tiguan R-Line - IS38 Turbo - Spectuned - X-Force Downpipe - RS7 Spark Plugs - CTS Inlet Elbow - ECS Inlet Pipe - K&N Panel Filter - Golf R Muffler - APR Exhaust Controller - Superpro Rear Swaybar - Digital Dash Retrofitted - 034 Dogbone Mount - DBA T3 Rotors & Pads - Golf R Springs

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Got the Mk7.5 muffler and tips fitted today, removed the valves. Sounds appropriate for the places the Tiguan goes

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
    MY11 B7 Passat 125TDi Highline
    Pearl Mocca Anthracite | Electric and Heated Leather | Folding Mirrors | Sunroof | Adaptive Lighting Package | Footwell Lighting | Park Assist 2 | Lane Assist | RNS510 | R36 Pedals | Scirocco MFSW | Front Lip | 20" Suzuka Wheels | H&R Springs | De-Badged | VCDS Mods | Alpine Mono and 8" Subwoofer

Users Country Flag
    Very nice

Is that a Tiguan R bumper? Is yours an R, or did you find a retrofit/aftermarket option for it?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Stock Tiguan R bumper

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
    MY11 B7 Passat 125TDi Highline
    Pearl Mocca Anthracite | Electric and Heated Leather | Folding Mirrors | Sunroof | Adaptive Lighting Package | Footwell Lighting | Park Assist 2 | Lane Assist | RNS510 | R36 Pedals | Scirocco MFSW | Front Lip | 20" Suzuka Wheels | H&R Springs | De-Badged | VCDS Mods | Alpine Mono and 8" Subwoofer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast