Page 36 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ingy View Post
    Is this a suitable product for going down the obdeleven path?

OBDeleven PRO Diagnostic System – Audi, Skoda & Volkswagen – AutoInstruct
    got mine last week, and it is sooooo easy to use. Nothing like as complex as the older US made one. You can do longer code changes, or opt to use the App offerings within the software. Very intuitive and friendly user interface. Golf all tweaked, and Tiiguan getting tweaked this weekend.
    MY18 GOLF 110TSI I HIGHLINE I Indium I Panoramic Sunroof I DAP I IP
    MY18 TIGUAN 162TSI I R-LINE I Ruby I DAP I IP

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sVWatt View Post
    got mine last week, and it is sooooo easy to use. Nothing like as complex as the older US made one. You can do longer code changes, or opt to use the App offerings within the software. Very intuitive and friendly user interface. Golf all tweaked, and Tiiguan getting tweaked this weekend.
    Awesome! Will order one soon, now the wait until April for the car!

Users Country Flag
    yep, the Apps are great - I used it on my A3 and it was a snap. Now for the Tiguan!

Be aware that Apps cost points to use, and I think you get 100 points to start. Most Apps are 10 points but there are some that cost 100 points. You can buy more (cheap) or 'earn' up to 6 points a day looking at ads (cheaper). You can also skip the Apps altogether and just use coding for adaptions.

Users Country Flag
    I've found little need for the Apps as there is enough information on here and the obdeleven pro boards to do the coding.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by OZROD View Post
    yep, the Apps are great - I used it on my A3 and it was a snap. Now for the Tiguan!

Be aware that Apps cost points to use, and I think you get 100 points to start. Most Apps are 10 points but there are some that cost 100 points. You can buy more (cheap) or 'earn' up to 6 points a day looking at ads (cheaper). You can also skip the Apps altogether and just use coding for adaptions.
    BUY CREDITS your a funny guy

Users Country Flag
    Yep, I don't think too many people take the 'buy' option...

Users Country Flag
    One of the things I find annoying about the traffic sign indications is that they don't appear on the DAP. Does anyone have any ideas on how that might be achieved without activating the full TSA functionality?

Users Country Flag
    One of the things I find annoying about the traffic sign indications is that they don't appear on the DAP. Does anyone have any ideas on how that might be achieved without activating the full TSA functionality?

What do you mean by a "achieved without activating the full TSA functionality"?

Recently Tigger73 was kind enough to do some coding for me, (Big Thank you).

We activated the TSA and all I did was select it to be shown on the instrument cluster (from the sat/nav menu).

Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks-instrument-cluster-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Sorry, that could have been clearer. When I have the Discovery Pro and the DAP both doing Navigation, the Discovery Pro has the speed limit sign on the left hand side of the map and the DAP direcly in front of me has the map with no speed limit sign at all. When I have my driving glasses on so I can see out, the speed limit sign on the left of the Discovery Pro is a bit too fuzzy to see clearly and so I'd like it duplicated on the DAP map.
    I don't want to turn on TSA because a) it has a nag about reduced functionality, and b) from what i've read it can't do fusion properly (that is, merging Map and road sign data cohesively). Are you experiencing those problems and are they causing any issues?
    Last edited by OZROD; 25-01-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Users Country Flag

Sorry, that could have been clearer. When I have the Discovery Pro and the DAP both doing Navigation, the Discovery Pro has the speed limit sign on the left hand side of the map and the DAP direcly in front of me has the map with no speed limit sign at all. When I have my driving glasses on so I can see out, the speed limit sign on the left of the Discovery Pro is a bit too fuzzy to see clearly and so I'd like it duplicated on the DAP map.
    I don't want to turn on TSA because a) it has a nag about reduced functionality, and b) from what i've read it can't do fusion properly (that is, merging Map and road sign data cohesively). Are you experiencing those problems and are they causing any issues?
    I think everyone has different preferences when it comes to what is displayed, hence VW have given us the option to choose what is displayed etc. My suggestion would be to enable it for a few days or a week to really test it out.

a) Personally, the "functionality warning" that comes up during every startup doesn't bother me, it appears once then disappears.
    b) Road sign recognition has been working fine so far, as soon as the road sign passes the car it will appear on the DAP. The advantage is when there are road works and any temporary speed signs that are obviously not recorded on any maps.
    As I said, test it out first, I think some people just dont like the warning messages poping up.

Just my view,

Page 36 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast