Page 33 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Users Country Flag

^^^ Reg: Hi. Does the BCM on your Tiggy have a non-zero code-string? If so, try de-activating the software switch on Byte 13, Bit 3 - see below:

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 06-11-2017 at 06:24 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Does anyone have any bright ideas as to why I can’t get the comfort blinkers change to work? I’ve found the right adaption, made the right change, and it saves but the indicator still only flashes 3 times despite the adaption clearly having a 4 as the value... I’ve been using VCDS for years, but just can’t work this out!

Also, has anyone successfully got Light Assist working on a MY18 Highline?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ajdean View Post
    Does anyone have any bright ideas as to why I can’t get the comfort blinkers change to work? I’ve found the right adaption, made the right change, and it saves but the indicator still only flashes 3 times despite the adaption clearly having a 4 as the value... I’ve been using VCDS for years, but just can’t work this out!

Also, has anyone successfully got Light Assist working on a MY18 Highline?
    Only suggestion I have is go to the MIB, go to Car, Settings, Factory Reset, Lights, then Reset. I had the same drama with that. This seemed to work on a Passat with MIB2. Worth a try.
    Mine - Mustang GT MY20 - Carbonised Grey - "Nicky"
    Hers - T-Roc 140 TSI Sport MY21 - Reveena Blue - "Rocky"
    Previous - Passat 206TSI MY17 - Night Blue

That fixed it, champion!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ^^^ Reg: Hi. Does the BCM on your Tiggy have a non-zero code-string? If so, try de-activating the software switch on Byte 13, Bit 3 - see below:

Don
    Cheers Don!!!.... Ill let you konw how I get on.
    2017 Tiguan R Line 162TSI, DAP, White. Upgraded speakers.

Hi everyone,

Owner of a US - 2018 Tiguan SEL Premium here, which I assume would be a highline in other parts of the world.
    I'm happy I found this thread as it allowed me to do some changes to the tiguan that worked and I didnt realistically expect to do including but not limited to; Dashboard display change, adding colors to infotainment (epic, im able to match the car color now =D, retention of seat heating, gauge sweep, screen nag (didnt pay attention to what it did though), some other stuff Im forgetting too I bet and other things i just didnt want to do.

What DID NOT work for me:

Enabling 360 / 3D View
    To my surprise the US manual actually mentions this portion, but it is nowhere to be found on the screen and VCDS doesnt have the label files for it yet. All the channels under adaptation show up as unavailable i think it was and the long coding portion is not labeled.

The coding im referring to: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Can any of you post the scan of the 6C Module from your cars for comparison? I'm curious to know the part #'s, coding and what-not.

Another: Preventing the LED running lights from shutting off when turn signals are active. Neither of the settings posted worked for me as the lichtfunction are already set to not active from factory, and there is nothing about beide Phasen in my module.

Auto closing for rain, everything is enabled but for whatever reason, it just refuses to close. Works in my MK6 without a problem, thought it would here too.

On another one to share with you all, I'm not sure if your menu options are locked when in motion but if they are, here is how to disable them, this helps when you want to set a destination when you're already moving or something.
    GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum - View Single Post - Can't Change Settings While in Motion

Also, does anybody know whats required for automatic "parking" aka park assist, where the steering wheel turns automatically and whatnot? I believe that was an option in europe but not sure if it requires more modules or can it simple be enabled.
    EDIT: I looked into this a little deeper and it seems like the US Spec tiguans are missing sensors to have this "enabled". There should be two more sensors on the front bumper and two on rear on the very edges, and those are not there. I wonder if its possible to retrofit those.

In the USA we also have the orange marker lights in the bumper, I was trying to figure out how to turn those off without any luck.
    Last edited by Coderedpl; 18-11-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hole46 View Post
    Tried to apply the window operation when ignition off tweak on my Tiguan but I cannot find this Adaptation in Control unit 09.
    Hmm same. I did eventually find the adaptation for the AWD adjustment.

Its under AWD control unit; Adaptation; Acoustig Measure, Wiring Logic.
    Choose from 'Standard, Increased Traction, Less noise'
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Adaptation of the dynamic start-up assistant
    In the brake electronics control unit, you have the option of adjusting the dynamic approach assistants on the VW Tiguan 2 AD and installed automatic transmission (dual-clutch transmission). The starting behavior can thus be changed accordingly. As the factory-delivered dynamic starting assistant with the setting normally relatively late releases the brake, each time a significant jerking is noticeable, which causes an overall poor starting behavior of the vehicle. If you change the setting to early, it will keep the start assistant (and thus the braking intervention) of the approach assistant minimized and you will not feel annoying anymore and will be able to drive gently - as it should.

The following coding is to be used:

• Select STG 03 (brake electronics)
    • STG adaptation -> function 10
    • Select dynamic approach assistant
    • Adjust value accordingly
      (default value: normal)
      Early brake releases quickly and hardly requires any gas (starting jerking is no longer noticeable)
      Normal factory standard (noticeable jerk at start up) Late brake releases late and only with a relatively large amount of gas (strong jerking during acceleration) start-up)

I prefer the early brake release, feels smoother than in normal mode
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    Hi veew
    Thx for posting this, regarding tractions control long coding, I played in this AWD module long time ago when received my Tiguan and have discovered some rattle noise issue so I try to put even on lowest traction settings to try insulate noise issue but didn't help, but I can tell you is huge difference and improvement in torque /power when you set from lowest to highest mode , high from normal is highly recommended .

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cameleon72 View Post
    Hi veew
    Thx for posting this, regarding tractions control long coding, I played in this AWD module long time ago when received my Tiguan and have discovered some rattle noise issue so I try to put even on lowest traction settings to try insulate noise issue but didn't help, but I can tell you is huge difference and improvement in torque /power when you set from lowest to highest mode , high from normal is highly recommended .
    Are you sure you're talking about the dynamic approach assistant like veew?
    2017 Tiguan Highline 162TSI DAP, Sunroof, Black
    2018 Golf Comfortline 110TSI DAP, Infotainment, Silver

Page 33 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast