Page 13 of 118 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Record of NZ_Golf R's OBD11 tweaks:

Sign in to your account
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    Hi All, considering buying an OBDEleven dongle but don't know much about it. Where is the best place to get one and how much does it cost? Also do we really need to buy the PRO upgrade pack or app? Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyT View Post
    Hi All, considering buying an OBDEleven dongle but don't know much about it. Where is the best place to get one and how much does it cost? Also do we really need to buy the PRO upgrade pack or app? Thanks.
    The OBDeleven is a small Bluetooth dongle that plugs into the diagnostic/config port on your car and allows you to check for errors and clear them as well as make changes to the programming of the car. You need to have an Android based device (tablet or phone) to run the app and connect to the dongle to access it. Because you can make changes to the car (and therefore potentially 'brake' some functionality of the car) it is important to have a good handle on what you are doing with it. I would strongly suggest following the details that everyone has posted on this site for the various tweaks/changes.

With regards to the Pro version of the app, if you want to make most of the changes listed on here then you will need this to be able to do the coding. With the basic version of the app you can view and clear errors but all the program changes are limited to their One-Click program changes which you have to buy credit to use. The issue with these is that the Tiguan is such a new model that I wouldn't trust most of them, I know for fact that while trying to work out the Headlight Assist and Rear DRL the coding I found for other VW, Skoda & Audi models didn't work on the Tiguan.

As for where to buy, I got mine earlier this year directly from their website, at the time it was only €54.99 for the Pro bundle with free shipping but I see it is more expensive now.
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post
    The OBDeleven is a small Bluetooth dongle that plugs into the diagnostic/config port on your car and allows you to check for errors and clear them as well as make changes to the programming of the car. You need to have an Android based device (tablet or phone) to run the app and connect to the dongle to access it. Because you can make changes to the car (and therefore potentially 'brake' some functionality of the car) it is important to have a good handle on what you are doing with it. I would strongly suggest following the details that everyone has posted on this site for the various tweaks/changes.

With regards to the Pro version of the app, if you want to make most of the changes listed on here then you will need this to be able to do the coding. With the basic version of the app you can view and clear errors but all the program changes are limited to their One-Click program changes which you have to buy credit to use. The issue with these is that the Tiguan is such a new model that I wouldn't trust most of them, I know for fact that while trying to work out the Headlight Assist and Rear DRL the coding I found for other VW, Skoda & Audi models didn't work on the Tiguan.

As for where to buy, I got mine earlier this year directly from their website, at the time it was only €54.99 for the Pro bundle with free shipping but I see it is more expensive now.
    Thanks NZ_GolfR, much appreciated. I see you are also a big contributor to posting tweaks on here, keep up the good work mate.

Just on the retentions of these tweaks, if by any chance there is a software update from VW in the future and they put the update on the car during service, will these tweaks get wiped?

Users Country Flag
    Here is the coding to enable Rear DRL. This works on the LED Lights that come with the NZ R-Lines, not sure if it works with any other type of rear lights.

Central Electronic (09) - Adaptation - Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9 - Lichtfunktion B 16 - Change to Tagfahrlicht (Original Value: Parklicht rechts)

Central Electronic (09) - Adaptation - Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3 - Lichtfunktion B 17 - Change to Tagfahrlicht (Original Value: Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re))

Central Electronic (09) - Adaptation - Leuchte23SL HLC10 - Lichtfunktion B 23 - Change to Tagfahrlicht (Original Value: Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re))

Central Electronic (09) - Adaptation - Leuchte24SL HRA65 - Lichtfunktion B 24 - Change to Tagfahrlicht (Original Value: Parklicht rechts)

There is option in there to adjust the brightness as well however I haven't changed this setting as it will potentially make the park lights too bright at night time.

Here is the coding to enable Rear DRL. This works on the LED Lights that come with the NZ R-Lines, not sure if it works with any other type of rear lights.

Central Electronic (09) - Adaptation - Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9 - Lichtfunktion B 16 - Change to Tagfahrlicht (Original Value: Parklicht rechts)

Central Electronic (09) - Adaptation - Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3 - Lichtfunktion B 17 - Change to Tagfahrlicht (Original Value: Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re))

Central Electronic (09) - Adaptation - Leuchte23SL HLC10 - Lichtfunktion B 23 - Change to Tagfahrlicht (Original Value: Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re))

Central Electronic (09) - Adaptation - Leuchte24SL HRA65 - Lichtfunktion B 24 - Change to Tagfahrlicht (Original Value: Parklicht rechts)

There is option in there to adjust the brightness as well however I haven't changed this setting as it will potentially make the park lights too bright at night time.
    Great, gonna try this tonight.

Users Country Flag

I made changes to the same modules as you a while back, the way I got it to work without changing any current settings was to add Tagfahrlicht to Lichtfunktion C on those 4 modules. That way if you want to attempt to adjust the brightness you do it in Dimmwert CD and it won't affect Dimmwert AB.
    1.4 Tsi R-Line Manual (South Africa)

Users Country Flag
    Hi Guys,
    Just took receipt of my dongle, was really disappointed to not see a stop/start App in there for my 2017 Tiguan, Also not being a technical person was disappointed there is no instruction manual. So I followed this...
    Select Control unit 19
    Adaptation
    Start Stop Limit voltage
    Value=12

when I touch the start stop limit voltage line I get " something went wrong try again" message. I have restarted my device and the app but it keeps happening? Please advise
    Gary
    2017 Tiguan R Line 162TSI, DAP, White. Upgraded speakers.

Users Country Flag
    Further to my previous post, i did some research and cleared the app data on my device and the change to voltage was accepted. My question now is (as I have not driven the car since modification) is the Stop/start permanently disengaged? I mean the switch illuminates when I turn it off, and says disengaged? Do I need to do this anymore? keep in mind I'm just sitting in the garage with the engine running and is aimed at the guys who have done this?...cheers
    2017 Tiguan R Line 162TSI, DAP, White. Upgraded speakers.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Regdop View Post
    Further to my previous post, i did some research and cleared the app data on my device and the change to voltage was accepted. My question now is (as I have not driven the car since modification) is the Stop/start permanently disengaged? I mean the switch illuminates when I turn it off, and says disengaged? Do I need to do this anymore? keep in mind I'm just sitting in the garage with the engine running and is aimed at the guys who have done this?...cheers
    Yes, it is permanently disabled now. The change you made tells the Stop/Start system to only kick in if the voltage level is over 12V but since other things are running in the car it will never read 12V.

You will notice that when you go for a drive next and stop at an intersection/traffic lights it will show the A symbol with a line through it in the dash to say the Stop/Start system will not turn on. The button by the gear lever now does nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 13 of 118 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast