Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Map update?

Users Country Flag

Yeah, your right. If it works leave it alone , not much has changed in Adelaide since May 2017 I guess.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by hoola View Post
    Tried that already. The map will work, but if you have TMC activated the it breaks the TMC functionality as TMC relies on some files in the map to work properly.

Stay with 0821 on Navigation.com if you want TMC to work. I couldn’t tell the difference between the two map versions. DiscoverCare will also not show the map available on the German site.
    How did you notice TMC was not working?

Users Country Flag
    I've just downloaded "P68_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT_v2.7z" and I'm getting the zzip/india error, has anyone found a way around this?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by OZROD View Post
    I've just downloaded "P68_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT_v2.7z" and I'm getting the zzip/india error, has anyone found a way around this?
    Means the file is corrupt. Download the file again.

Users Country Flag
    Over in Golf 7, people are reporting that the latest maps (v2) now work without CRC errors.

Users Country Flag
    Yes, I've downloaded the update and can report that it now comes down clean

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by OZROD View Post
    Yes, I've downloaded the update and can report that it now comes down clean
    Seconded. It installs fine.
    I unzipped all the files into the root of a 32GB USB flash drive formatted as EXFAT - no SD card required.
    Note if you are using a Mac, the instructions recommend you use Keka to unzip reliably (AU$2.99 from Mac app store), and CleanMyDrive 2 to remove hidden Mac system files that confuse the head unit (Free from Mac app store). I used both to be on the safe side.

Now to find out what was and wasn't updated in the map data
    Last edited by spacemannz; 11-03-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | DAP | MY18

Has anyone come across this: Find a new destination, 155 George St, The Rocks, NSW 2000, Discover Pro finds it no problem, click on it and it wants to take you to Redfern (NSW 2016). WTF?
    Last edited by ewok666; 17-03-2018 at 07:52 AM.

Users Country Flag
    I am 72 years old, so not particularly tech savvy and I am trying to upgrade the maps on my Mk7 (2014) Golf GTI. Have been reading lots of posts here and elsewhere about downloading the latest update from the German site and I think, against all the odds given my distinct lack of knowledge, I have managed to do this to my PC. The file name seems to be correct at P68_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT_v2 (1).7z Now I am reading posts about unzipping files which is a complete mystery to me. So do I somehow have to unzip the file I downloaded before attempting to transfer it to my car's system? If so, how do I do this? Then, if I do manage this, do I just copy the unzipped file from my PC to a 32GB sim card and place it in one of the slots in my GTI's glove box? Thank you for any help and patient understanding.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by spudee View Post
    do I somehow have to unzip the file I downloaded before attempting to transfer it to my car's system? If so, how do I do this? Then, if I do manage this, do I just copy the unzipped file from my PC to a 32GB sim card and place it in one of the slots in my GTI's glove box? Thank you for any help and patient understanding.
    Yes, you need to unzip the file first. The software to do this (7zip) is available on the page that you downloaded the map file from. I would unzip the downloaded file to my computer first them move the unzipped (expanded) folder to a USB stick or SD card.
    2017 Tiguan Highline 162TSI DAP, Sunroof, Black
    2018 Golf Comfortline 110TSI DAP, Infotainment, Silver

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast