Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: M17 Tiguan - Australian Reviews

Users Country Flag

I've been reading reviews and comments flat out. This one was detailed.

http://www.carconversation.com.au/re...omfortline-dsg

This looks to be the a good spot in the range. I will need to drive a few different spec levels.

Very few reviewers (except the carconversation.com.au review in the previous post) state the minimum and maximum boot capacities. Some just state outright the boot space is 615L which most of the time with people's use is 520L to high 500s.
    Anyway just a bit of a nit to pick when I see these reviews.
    Last edited by veew; 17-06-2017 at 09:33 AM.
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    There are lots of good reviews on that website http://www.carconversation.com.au/reviews and i thought the Tiguan one was one of the better reviews I've read.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

2017 Drive Car of the Year - Winner Best Small SUV: Volkswagen Tiguan 110TSI Trendline

Best Small SUV: Mazda CX-5 Maxx Sport Auto vs. Volkswagen Tiguan 110TSI Trendline vs. Honda CR-V VTi-S
    Last edited by tigger73; 10-12-2017 at 10:01 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    2017 Drive Car of the Year - Winner Best Small SUV: Volkswagen Tiguan 110TSI Trendline

Best Small SUV: Mazda CX-5 Maxx Sport Auto vs. Volkswagen Tiguan 110TSI Trendline vs. Honda CR-V VTi-S
    "Like the Golf, the seven-speed dual-clutch automatic still displays some of the gremlins associated with transmissions of its type, like a degree of hesitation away from a standstill"

Interesting comment! At standstill a DCT is in 1st already. There can be no hestitation from the gearbox. And then when you accelerate a DCT changes gears in a matter of milliseconds, faster than a manual or auto i.e. no hesitation.

Our motoring media have showed their ineptitude again. Hesitation can come from the engine having insufficient revs. Don't blame DCT just because that is what our 'experienced' testers have done this in the past.

Maybe they just wanted a negative for the Tig. If so, find the real reason.
    MY17 Tiguan 140TDI + DAP; Ruby Red; Notification of Birth 19 May'17; Emigration on Morning Celesta began 2 June'17; Entry into Australia 17 Jul'17; Citizenship obtained 8 Sep'17;

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    "Like the Golf, the seven-speed dual-clutch automatic still displays some of the gremlins associated with transmissions of its type, like a degree of hesitation away from a standstill"

Interesting comment! At standstill a DCT is in 1st already. There can be no hestitation from the gearbox. And then when you accelerate a DCT changes gears in a matter of milliseconds, faster than a manual or auto i.e. no hesitation.

Our motoring media have showed their ineptitude again. Hesitation can come from the engine having insufficient revs. Don't blame DCT just because that is what our 'experienced' testers have done this in the past.

Most “motoring” writers are just a bunch of opinionated twits!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    In 7 years of VW DSG driving I haven't experienced once what I would remotely consider "DSG hesitation", where the gearbox is responsible. But very rarely I get what I consider to be throttle by wire delay, where the engine doesn't respond instantly to throttle inputs. It requires a particular combination of circumstances, stop start traffic, with what looks like it's going to be just another a start, roll forward slowly, stop situation but the car in front moves off swiftly just as the engine is idling down. Although I have my foot off the throttle and on the brake pedal, I haven't actually applied the brakes. As a result of the car in front moving of briskly, just as I was about to come to a stop, I apply the throttle quickly and it feels like the drive by wire throttle doesn't respond. There's slight delay, not a long time, fractions of a second, but it is noticeable. It's almost certainly not DSG delay as the engine doesn't rev up, as it would if the gearbox was in neutral or the clutch disengaged. It's the engine that doesn't respond, not the gearbox.

It's quite a unique set of circumstances such that it doesn't happen all that often, not even once a month. Plus I have learnt to look out for it and either apply the brakes or use a gentler prod on the throttle.

Merry Xmas to all
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mudguts View Post

thanks. sounds good.. Hope it works out as good as the reviews!

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast