Page 235 of 413 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 4122

Thread: I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Users Country Flag

So I ordered my 162TSI RLine back in early Feb. Was told at the time late July/ August delivery. Have recently been told it's going to be October now. I get the MY18 build but still it's turning out to be a mammoth wait. Don't get the crazy wait times. My GTI was 4 months wait. This will be a 7-8 month wait if it does come in October :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY18 MKII Tiguan 162TSI R-Line | Deep Black | DAP | Sunroof

For Sale - MY11.5 MKVI 3DR Golf GTI | Pearl Black | Manual | Sunroof | Dark Tint | Dynaudio | MDI | Bluetooth | Bi-Xennons
    Mods | R Tails | P3 Gauge | LED Interior Conversion | Lakin Plates | VW Racing Springs | 19" RAYS 57Motorsport G07EX

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiLos View Post
    So I ordered my 162TSI RLine back in early Feb. Was told at the time late July/ August delivery. Have recently been told it's going to be October now. I get the MY18 build but still it's turning out to be a mammoth wait. Don't get the crazy wait times. My GTI was 4 months wait. This will be a 7-8 month wait if it does come in October :/

Me too. I ordered 26 Feb. was told July/ early August. Now mid Oct, but that is when the boat lands so really start of Nov. I don't get it and the lack of information on why doesn't fill me with joy or confidence either.

Which dealer did you buy from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Never owned a VW before.
    ex Bimmer tragic
    Ordered Tungsten Tiguan 162TSI r-Line with DAP no Pano 25/2/17
    NFI when it will actually arrive!! Last update mid Oct

Users Country Flag

I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Not much information you can get when the car you bought hasn't even got a build date yet! I got mine from the Cricks Hwy dealership in QLD.

Don't worry the car will come and you'll know a lot more once it goes into production. Just a waiting game unfortunately for those of us that can't bring ourselves to buy off the floor lol.

MY18 MKII Tiguan 162TSI R-Line | Deep Black | DAP | Sunroof

For Sale - MY11.5 MKVI 3DR Golf GTI | Pearl Black | Manual | Sunroof | Dark Tint | Dynaudio | MDI | Bluetooth | Bi-Xennons
    Mods | R Tails | P3 Gauge | LED Interior Conversion | Lakin Plates | VW Racing Springs | 19" RAYS 57Motorsport G07EX

I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Hi folks. Just a quick one. Has anyone else's dealer refused to provide a VIN. I know for certain that my car has arrived at Port Melbourne and has been waiting on compliance plate since 12/6. I was told today that it's been held up in customs for whatever reason. Happy to give that the benefit of the doubt. The thing that bothers me though, is that I've asked gently a couple of times for the VIN only to be given a flimsy "I can't give it to you, we don't have that detail yet". I know full well they have a VIN, car wouldn't have left the factory / boarded a ship without one. So I'm happy to give this short delay the benefit of the doubt, but shrouding the VIN in mystery is not exactly filling me with confidence at this very late stage of the process. Anyone think of any plausible reasons why? Thanks I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Last edited by TIGER+IGUANA; 23-06-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGER+IGUANA View Post
    Hi folks. Just a quick one. Has anyone else's dealer refused to provide a VIN. I know for certain that my car has arrived at Port Melbourne and has been waiting on compliance plate since 12/6. I was told today that it's been held up in customs for whatever reason. Happy to give that the benefit of the doubt. The thing that bothers me though, is that I've asked gently a couple of times for the VIN only to be given a flimsy "I can't give it to you, we don't have that detail yet". I know full well they have a VIN, car wouldn't have left the factory / boarded a ship without one. So I'm happy to give this short delay the benefit of the doubt, but shrouding the VIN in mystery is not exactly filling me with confidence at this very late stage of the process. Anyone think of any plausible reasons why? Thanks I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

The only reason I can think of is if he has promised your car to someone else ,he's stalling you till the next delivery.
    How do you know that your car is at port Melbourne. Can you track the car without a vin number?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    The only reason I can think of is if he has promised your car to someone else ,he's stalling you till the next delivery.
    How do you know that your car is at port Melbourne. Can you track the car without a vin number?

They gave me the name of the ship it was on, so have been able to track the boat itself. Then they updated me to say it had arrived at port and that it was going through compliance. I've also been getting the VWA updates by email, so it's definitely here. All sounds above board, but it's just the refusal to provide the VIN that bothers me. I wouldn't have thought that would be a problem if all was on track. Perhaps I'm over thinking it, but something just sounds a bit off.

They gave me the name of the ship it was on, so have been able to track the boat itself. Then they updated me to say it had arrived at port and that it was going through compliance. I've also been getting the VWA updates by email, so it's definitely here. All sounds above board, but it's just the refusal to provide the VIN that bothers me. I wouldn't have thought that would be a problem if all was on track. Perhaps I'm over thinking it, but something just sounds a bit off.

Maybe you are over thinking it.I have ordered/received my New Tiguan
    Ask them for a recent updated printout of the nadcon all the details of your car will be on that.

I could be wrong but i think compliance plates for different markets are fitted at the factory I've never heard of customs holding cars for compliance unless if they are second hand /classic ,lh drive etc.
    But again i was proven wrong before I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Maybe you are over thinking it.I have ordered/received my New Tiguan
    Ask them for a recent updated printout of the nadcon all the details of your car will be on that.

I could be wrong but i think compliance plates for different markets are fitted at the factory I've never heard of customs holding cars for compliance unless if they are second hand /classic ,lh drive etc.
    But again i was proven wrong before I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Fingers crossed. Yeah I'm not sure about the compliance plate thing. But we'll see. Was mean to pick up next week. Will see how that pans out.

Fingers crossed. Yeah I'm not sure about the compliance plate thing. But we'll see. Was mean to pick up next week. Will see how that pans out.

All the best .I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Im in a bit of a pickle myself .2 brand new cars on order nowhere to be seen .I have ordered/received my New Tiguan
    My company car due to be returned mid July and our current family car due to be picked up /sold in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully my tiggy makes an appearance soon.

All the best .I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Im in a bit of a pickle myself .2 brand new cars on order nowhere to be seen .I have ordered/received my New Tiguan
    My company car due to be returned mid July and our current family car due to be picked up /sold in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully my tiggy makes an appearance soon.

Thanks mate. Geez that's more than a pickle riding on your delivery, so the same to you! Cheers I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Page 235 of 413 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast