Page 3 of 413 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MGV View Post
    Congrat's, Hugh. Nice one!

Trading your current Tiggie, selling privately or keeping both? Some quality OEM & aftermarket options there, would be a good buy for someone, i reckon.
    Thanks mate.

Mrs drives the Tig these days and I really wasn't intending to spend so much coin on the next school bus.
    As you can see, did want to stick with the Tig!

But very disappointed with the restricted options, price and delays with this new Tig.

Yes most likely a trade-in. Unfortunately, don't think my mods mean or amount to much for those who are not in the know (including VW dealers).

Unfortunately it also spells the end and cuts my remaining connection with the stable and ties to this wonderful forum with a bunch of good people in it.
    Last edited by aussietig; 25-07-2016 at 12:31 AM.
    MY11 Tiguan 147TSI (SOLD)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealo View Post
    Expected delivery?

My dealer quoted Nov/Dec.
    Mine said January 2017
    MY20 Golf R - Dynaudio Excite 400w Premium Audio System - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - Lapiz Blue
    MY17 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - R-Line Package - Pure White MY10 Golf GTI Mk6 - 5 door - DSG - 18" Detroits - Sunroof - Leather - Electric Seats - Sat Nav - MDI - Park Assist - RVC - Deep Black Pearl - SOLD! MY13 Polo GTI - 5 door - Bi-Xenon's - Panoramic Sunroof - Candy White - SOLD!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by hcvo1 View Post
    Mine said January 2017
    So the dealers are actually taking orders now??

Quote Originally Posted by dmn View Post
    Dealers will take your money anytime

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Tigger, you're a learned man, what are you thoughts on the pro's/cons of Passat Alltrack v Tiguan Diesel Highline?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dmn View Post
    Yeah they are, was told that the trendline and comfortline are due in September with the Highlines in October/November with the TDI option to come before the TSI. The 162TSI R-Lines are not due till late December / early January 2017.
    MY20 Golf R - Dynaudio Excite 400w Premium Audio System - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - Lapiz Blue
    MY17 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - R-Line Package - Pure White MY10 Golf GTI Mk6 - 5 door - DSG - 18" Detroits - Sunroof - Leather - Electric Seats - Sat Nav - MDI - Park Assist - RVC - Deep Black Pearl - SOLD! MY13 Polo GTI - 5 door - Bi-Xenon's - Panoramic Sunroof - Candy White - SOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew7 View Post
    Tigger, you're a learned man, what are you thoughts on the pro's/cons of Passat Alltrack v Tiguan Diesel Highline?
    Well firstly I'll have to say that I haven't driven the current Passat Alltrack (or New Tiguan 140TDI). However I have driven the Tiguan 130TDI and previous gen Alltrack. In terms of driving dynamics, I was a lot more impressed with the Tiguan than the Alltrack.

Believe it or not the Tiguan is the lighter vehicle (1640 vs 1700kg) and even though both have the same engine, the Tiguan is the quicker car. It also seems to work better with the 7 speed DSG in the Tiguan than the 6 speed in the Alltrack. You can feel the extra weight in the Alltrack both in cornering/handling and straight-line performance.

As far as interiors go the Alltrack had a more updated interior (Tiguan 130TDI is a little dated now). However essentially with the New Tigaun and Alltrack, you'll be comparing 2 x MQB platform cars so interior will be very similar.

If you need the storage then the Passat Wagon still has a slight edge over the Tiguan, though the new Tiguan is a lot closer to Passat wagon specs in terms of storage capacity. Boot space is 615litres for Tigaun vs 639 litres for the Passat or 1655 vs 1769litres with rear seats folded.

At the end of the day it's going to come down to value and I'm not sure with Tiguan pricing whether the extra ride height/options is going to be worth the premium of the New Tig over the Passat.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Tigger, agree with your sentiments. I am thinking that to get a Tig with my preferred specs (LED headlights a must have so forced to Highline, R Line would be nice) I am better off paying a little more for an Audi/MB/BMW etc. The down side in buying the new Tig now is buying at the beginner if a model cycle where prices are high (along with dealer expectations!). In any event the Passat Alktrack with luxury pack is circa $57k before negotiations so also exxy (but at least it's been out for a while and not selling like hot cakes by any stretch of the imagination).

Quote Originally Posted by andrew7 View Post
    Thanks Tigger, agree with your sentiments. I am thinking that to get a Tig with my preferred specs (LED headlights a must have so forced to Highline, R Line would be nice) I am better off paying a little more for an Audi/MB/BMW etc. The down side in buying the new Tig now is buying at the beginner if a model cycle where prices are high (along with dealer expectations!). In any event the Passat Alktrack with luxury pack is circa $57k before negotiations so also exxy (but at least it's been out for a while and not selling like hot cakes by any stretch of the imagination).
    I seriously think that the VW marketing gurus have got this one all wrong. You're not the first one that has thought I'm paying $65k for a fully loaded Tiguan to get it to the spec I want or I could just pay a little more and get into a premium brand (BMW, Audi, Merc, Jag, etc).

I guess time will tell once the full model range becomes available whether they've made the right call or otherwise. Right now people have to go based on specs and brochures and not after having a proper test drive. I think that's going to be the clincher once the Highline cars are here to sit in/drive.

Finally (and I know we're getting a little off-topic here), however in terms of the Alltrack I just don't see the value of this car when you compare it to (say) the Subaru Outback which is probably very similar in spec/size target market. And unfortunately (for the Alltrack) this is reflected in how many of these cars are driving out of the showroom.

The New Tiguan has to be something pretty special to be the sales success that it could be. It's going into a very competitive market segment and it no longer has the price advantage that it had with the gen1 Tig. Yes the size has gone up to be a proper mid-size SUV but the price hike I think is going to hurt it. It's already pretty loaded with options/features and VW doesn't often drop the price otherwise it hurts the resale values for existing owners.

Users Country Flag

Free scheduled servicing is what's needed to even compete, if you're not wanting to enter a race to the bottom in terms of pricing!
    MY11 Tiguan 147TSI (SOLD)

Page 3 of 413 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast