View Poll Results: Do you prefer Traffic Sign Recognition or Navigation Speed Limit

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traffic Sign Recognition

24 26.09%
  • Speed Limit on the Navigation System

7 7.61%
  • A combination of the two, which VAG doesn't allow in Australia.

61 66.30%
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    There is no Australian manual from what I can see, it is universal manual and the owner has to figure out what he or she has got in each country.
    Yeah, I think you're right. Makes reading it a PITA.

Users Country Flag
    Just thought I might try and clarify some of the assistance systems we get (or at least here in NZ).
    Firstly to find out what systems you have in the car, the quickest and easiest way is to push the button on the end of the indicator stalk and you will get the Assistance Screen up on the Active Info Display like this:

In the NZ 162TSI R Lines we get as standard:

* Lane Assist (Keeps the car within the 2 side lane markings but can be like a pinball and only operates over 65kph)
    * Side Assist (Notifies you of cars next to you with the orange light in the side of the wing mirrors and will provide force against the steering wheel if you try changing lanes while it detects something next to you)
    * Rear Traffic Alert (Will monitor cross traffic when reversing out of a car park and stop the car if required)
    * Front Assist (Monitors what in front of the car warning you when you get too close and even applying the brakes to help avoid collision)

One of the additional feature I have been trying to enable is the Adaptive Lane Guidance (this seems to be what it is called with the Tiguan but think some other models might have slightly different names for it). This feature improves on the basic Lane Assist and will keep the car in the middle of the lane and also operates at low speeds as well. So far I have only partially enabled this, I have the option in the Driver Assistance Settings in the Car Setup menu within the Infotainment system but is missing part of the option settings and even when turned on it doesn't do anything. I haven't had a chance to play much more with this, hopefully Peanut will let us know what other settings need to be changed to enable this.

Once the Adaptive Lane Guidance is enabled then that gives the car pretty much the full Traffic Jam Assist other than the fact the car won't auto-start after being stopped for more than 3 seconds. Whether this can be changed with additional coding will remain to be seen but I am not too fussed if it can't as that still gives the car fantastic functionality for a very small fee (minimal cost of the OBDEleven Pro adapter if you don't already have one). Already digging the Adaptive Cruise Control especially today when crawling along in traffic in the motorway, mostly stayed above 5kmh so the car didn't stop long enough to disengage the ACC so traffic was much easier to deal with. Would be nice if the steering was managed at the low speeds as well (man I am getting lazy in my old age!!!).

The other feature I have enabled is the Dynamic Road Sign Display. This works really well and detects the speed road signs and shows the speed limit on the Active Info Display (and also on the HUD here in NZ). Other than a warning that comes up briefly ~30 seconds after starting the car that it has limited functionality it seems to work well.

I have also enabled TMC Traffic but so far over there this seems to be a bit hit or miss in my car. It was working and gave me some notifications after I turned on the Traffic option in the radio settings (originally forgot to do this) but then the past few times I have checked the TMC logo at the top of the screen has a slash through it again. I have also enabled this on a mates Skoda vRS and his seems to be working better, he had traffic notification showing while mine was showing nothing at the same time.

I have done some other playing around within the settings but it has all been cosmetic changes so I will post the details on this in the other VCDS Tweaks post since these aren't to do with the EU specific features this post is discussing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

The first screen is the same as Oz cars so nothing different between the two markets. It would be a reasonable assumption that having got ALG onto the screen the rest should be doable to enable TJA. I know nothing about coding so maybe reasonable does not come into it.

Guys,

those two systems are separate and works in co-operative.

Lane Assist (LA) is a system which detect lines on road and if you unintentionally aproach to lane, system will notify you.

With Adaptive Lane Guidance (ALG), if LA will detect two lines, one from left, second from right, ALG will try to keep your car in the middle of your lane without notifing you.

EDIT: sorry, NZ_GolfR post his message in the meantime, when my kid forced me to go out from my computer

I'll compare those screens in my car and I'll let you know if there is something extra you can turn ON.

EDIT: it's all, nothing extra in EU car.
    Last edited by bestyjny; 01-04-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post
    One of the additional feature I have been trying to enable is the Adaptive Lane Guidance (this seems to be what it is called with the Tiguan but think some other models might have slightly different names for it). This feature improves on the basic Lane Assist and will keep the car in the middle of the lane and also operates at low speeds as well. So far I have only partially enabled this, I have the option in the Driver Assistance Settings in the Car Setup menu within the Infotainment system but is missing part of the option settings and even when turned on it doesn't do anything.
    Has anyone managed to get Adaptive Lane Guidance fully enabled? NZ_GolfR? Peanut?

Users Country Flag
    I got to the same screen option as NZ_GolfR above with the option to tick box the Adaptive Lane Guidance, but like NZ_GolfR, I would also like to know how Peanut in post#1 on this thread got the Warning level option to come up as well

Users Country Flag
    I think this thread is dead.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by latearrival View Post
    agreed ... peanut is not responding
    Pure White MY17 Tiguan 162TSi R-Line DAP Pano
    Blue Golf MkV TDi Pacific

Users Country Flag
    peanut is enjoying peanut ... be patient ...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by latearrival View Post
    I hope not. I have been flat out with work and End of Financial Year over here in NZ I just haven't had a chance to play around lately with my OBDEleven adapter. Hopefully work will settle down after this week and will have some more time to play again. Was hoping Peanut woudl be back on this forum by now as keen to hear how he got got some of his mods working.
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast