View Poll Results: Do you prefer Traffic Sign Recognition or Navigation Speed Limit

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traffic Sign Recognition

24 26.09%
  • Speed Limit on the Navigation System

7 7.61%
  • A combination of the two, which VAG doesn't allow in Australia.

61 66.30%
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

Quote Originally Posted by bestyjny View Post
    I put some on Ross-Tech forum:

2016 Tiguan MQB, 2.0 TSI 180KM CZPA
    Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. Do you know by any chance which part number does your headlight have?

Quote Originally Posted by latearrival View Post
    This thread is fantastic!

Can anyone confirm that enabling Adaptive Lane Guidance works as expected, i.e. keeps the car in the centre of the lane, rather than 'bouncing' it off the lane markings (like Active Lane Assist)?
    Yes it works as expected. It keeps the vehicle in the centre, or whatever position you prefer the vehicle to be at. Amusing to see it work its magic at first, but then it takes away some part of the driving experience. Still helpful for someone like me who's lazy to put their hands on the wheels all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    Do you know by any chance which part number does your headlight have?
    5NB 941 113 A / 5NB 941 114 A

5NC* for RHD

Quote Originally Posted by bestyjny View Post
    5NB 941 113 A / 5NB 941 114 A

5NC* for RHD
    How did you find that? Can you show me how? Through VCDS or did you dismantle your headlight?

I found it in ETKA, in the morning I can confirm it on my car (now it's 00:29 here).

Users Country Flag
    Hi Don, thanks for the thoughtful advice you provided. I'm more of an amateur than an experienced VCDS veteran like you.

I believe that you are correct in your manner. e.g. personally I cannot find how to enable the DRL menu in my Tiguan because they changed the adaptation, but I know it definitely still exists.

Do you by any chance know the SA for Module 13? By gaining access to module 13, I believe this will allow us to enable Emergency Assist and Traffic Jam Assist, and hopefully Pedestrian Assist as well.
    peanut: thank you for the kind words, but alas I'm just like you when it comes to VCDS - the more I discover, the more I realize what I don't know!

Anyhow - enough of self deprecating comments, your inability to identify the correct adaptation channel for the DRL Menu facility is exactly the situation that I mentioned above whereby the Tiggy control module has a superficial change in the name of the adaptation channel. So here's the instruction for this tweak in "Tiggy speak":

Disable/enable Daytime Running Lights using Discover Media screen (Tiggy mk2)

The following coding is used:
    1 Select 09-Cent. Elect.
    2.Select Security Access-16
    3. Enter the magic number 31347
    4. click Do it! tab
    5. Select Adaptation-10
    6. Enter ENG10575-ENG116594 into the search box and from pull-down channel list, select ENG10575-ENG116594-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich
    7. Enter New value = active (default stored value = "not active").
    Click Do it! .
    Click Add to log to record a copy of the change report .
    Click Go Back and exit the VCDS software

Using the function
    1. Select Car from the buttons on the side of the media screen. Then press Setup (on the bottom RHS)
    2. Select Light
    3. Enable the "tick" on Daytime Running Light (tick-on DRLs on, tick-off DRLs off

The Security access code for the module @ address hex13 for the mk7 is 14117. Hope this works on the Tiggy!

Don

Incidentally, this same tweak instructions (above) will work if you are using an OBDeleven dongle - except that your search criteria should be Front, then select the "Parent" adaptation channel Außenlicht_Front then select the "Child" channel Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich. The rest is exactly the same!
    Last edited by DV52; 17-03-2017 at 11:39 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Try this, I compared coding with someone else. No guarantees that it will work because I haven't tried it.

Module 82
    Coding
    Long Coding

Byte 0, Activate Bit 0.

If possible, can I have a copy of your VCDS scan as well to compare coding.
    Yes, can confirm that did work and I can now toggle this on and off in the Heads Up Display settings in the Car Setup menu. Looks pretty cool:

I don't have a VCDS scan of the car as using OBDEleven dongle but I take a backup of each module before I modified it so can send you some or all of these if that would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Users Country Flag
    Bad luck i dont know how to use the software and tool to do this. Id like to wait for some experts here to open his door for businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    peanut: thank you for the kind words, but alas I'm just like you when it comes to VCDS - the more I discover, the more I realize what I don't know!

Anyhow - enough of self deprecating comments, your inability to identify the correct adaptation channel for the DRL Menu facility is exactly the situation that I mentioned above whereby the Tiggy control module has a superficial change in the name of the adaptation channel. So here's the instruction for this tweak in "Tiggy speak":

Disable/enable Daytime Running Lights using Discover Media screen (Tiggy mk2)

The following coding is used:
    1 Select 09-Cent. Elect.
    2.Select Security Access-16
    3. Enter the magic number 31347
    4. click Do it! tab
    5. Select Adaptation-10
    6. Enter ENG10575-ENG116594 into the search box and from pull-down channel list, select ENG10575-ENG116594-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich
    7. Enter New value = active (default stored value = "not active").
    Click Do it! .
    Click Add to log to record a copy of the change report .
    Click Go Back and exit the VCDS software

Using the function
    1. Select Car from the buttons on the side of the media screen. Then press Setup (on the bottom RHS)
    2. Select Light
    3. Enable the "tick" on Daytime Running Light (tick-on DRLs on, tick-off DRLs off

The Security access code for the module @ address hex13 for the mk7 is 14117. Hope this works on the Tiggy!

Don

Incidentally, this same tweak instructions (above) will work if you are using an OBDeleven dongle - except that your search criteria should be Front, then select the "Parent" adaptation channel Außenlicht_Front then select the "Child" channel Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich. The rest is exactly the same!
    Thanks for that. I use OBDEleven, so will be giving a shot tonight to see if it works.

I don't have a VCDS scan of the car as using OBDEleven dongle but I take a backup of each module before I modified it so can send you some or all of these if that would help.
    Yes the OBDEleven backups would be helpful in my efforts. Feel free to send it via PM. I appreciate your help.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast