View Poll Results: Do you prefer Traffic Sign Recognition or Navigation Speed Limit

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traffic Sign Recognition

24 26.09%
  • Speed Limit on the Navigation System

7 7.61%
  • A combination of the two, which VAG doesn't allow in Australia.

61 66.30%
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    Only some of the tweaks apply to the MY17 Tiguan, as modules have been updated, and existing coding and adaptions has been altered/removed. I urge caution when applying older and other MQB coding with MY17 Tiguans.
    peanut: caution when doing tweaks is always wise -regardless of which MQB platform vehicle is being modified.

I've just been looking through the adaptation maps from VWVY's Tiggy (which he kindly allowed me to take this afternoon - many thanks again Victor). There appear to be many identical adaptation channels between the two models -so I suspect that there will be a degree of congruence with tweas from other MQB vehicles (including the mk7)

However, there are also many different adaptation channel descriptors, as you say. Whilst I'm sure that there will be entirely new channels in the newer modules, it appears in lots of cases where the changed names are superficial - so it's not difficult in these cases to "translate" the tweak instructions into Tiggy speak

Here's an example: For the mk7, the BCM has a channel name IDE01268-ENG126844-Windshield wiper-Washer_Tipwiping_Variant whereas the Tiggy reports this channel as ENG10610-ENG126844-Front_wiper-Washer_Tipwiping_Variant.

I guess my message to would-be VCDS/VCP/OBD11 "tweakers" is certainly proceed with caution, but likewise, don't discount the wealth of established and now-mature instructions that resides on forums for other MQB models (like mk7 Golf). I'm also a fan of the advantage of making errors in the leaning curve - they are by far the very best learning experience!

It will be obvious which tweaks won't work because you just won't be able to find the adaptation channels -so you won't be able to proceed. Tweaks that require changes to a module's code string are a bit more problematic and these should be approached with more care. In general if you are using instructions from another model NEVER just rely on instructions like "Change Byte 2, Bit 0" - ALWAYS make sure that you have access to the Long coding helper screen from the other vehicle - and compare this Byte/Bit descriptor with that of the Tiggy

And most definitely, BEFORE YOU START making changes, create a complete database of the "virgin" settings in your car - the admaps from VWVY'S Tiggy this morning had well over 5,000 adaptation channels and the ABS module alone had a massive Byte count of 47 bytes - in just this module (incidentally, the ABS module on the MY17 mk7 has exactly the same Byte-count)

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 16-03-2017 at 11:51 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    This thread is fantastic!

Can anyone confirm that enabling Adaptive Lane Guidance works as expected, i.e. keeps the car in the centre of the lane, rather than 'bouncing' it off the lane markings (like Active Lane Assist)?

Guys, all of this features you mention I had in standard equipment.

- Lane Assist
    - Light Assist
    - Front Assist
    - Emergency Assist
    - Traffic Jam Assist

I paid extra for:

- Side Assist Plus
    - Rear Traffic Alert

If I can help you, let me know what data you need.

I have limited access to VAS and VCDS, so it can take few days.

Quote Originally Posted by bestyjny View Post
    Guys, all of this features you mention I had in standard equipment.

- Lane Assist
    - Light Assist
    - Front Assist
    - Emergency Assist
    - Traffic Jam Assist

I paid extra for:

- Side Assist Plus
    - Rear Traffic Alert

If I can help you, let me know what data you need.

I have limited access to VAS and VCDS, so it can take few days.
    The VCDS scan would be very helpful to my efforts! I would really appreciate it if you can upload a copy so that I can compare coding, as I already have several scans from other people.

The VCDS scan would be very helpful to my efforts!
    I put some on Ross-Tech forum:

2016 Tiguan MQB, 2.0 TSI 180KM CZPA

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    peanut: caution when doing tweaks is always wise -regardless of which MQB platform vehicle is being modified.

I've just been looking through the adaptation maps from VWVY's Tiggy (which he kindly allowed me to take this afternoon - many thanks again Victor). There appear to be many identical adaptation channels between the two models -so I suspect that there will be a degree of congruence with tweas from other MQB vehicles (including the mk7)

However, there are also many different adaptation channel descriptors, as you say. Whilst I'm sure that there will be entirely new channels in the newer modules, it appears in lots of cases where the changed names are superficial - so it's not difficult in these cases to "translate" the tweak instructions into Tiggy speak

Here's an example: For the mk7, the BCM has a channel name IDE01268-ENG126844-Windshield wiper-Washer_Tipwiping_Variant whereas the Tiggy reports this channel as ENG10610-ENG126844-Front_wiper-Washer_Tipwiping_Variant.

I guess my message to would-be VCDS/VCP/OBD11 "tweakers" is certainly proceed with caution, but likewise, don't discount the wealth of established and now-mature instructions that resides on forums for other MQB models (like mk7 Golf). I'm also a fan of the advantage of making errors in the leaning curve - they are by far the very best learning experience!

It will be obvious which tweaks won't work because you just won't be able to find the adaptation channels -so you won't be able to proceed. Tweaks that require changes to a module's code string are a bit more problematic and these should be approached with more care. In general if you are using instructions from another model NEVER just rely on instructions like "Change Byte 2, Bit 0" - ALWAYS make sure that you have access to the Long coding helper screen from the other vehicle - and compare this Byte/Bit descriptor with that of the Tiggy

And most definitely, BEFORE YOU START making changes, create a complete database of the "virgin" settings in your car - the admaps from VWVY'S Tiggy this morning had well over 5,000 adaptation channels and the ABS module alone had a massive Byte count of 47 bytes - in just this module (incidentally, the ABS module on the MY17 mk7 has exactly the same Byte-count)

Don
    Hi Don, thanks for the thoughtful advice you provided. I'm more of an amateur than an experienced VCDS veteran like you.

I believe that you are correct in your manner. e.g. personally I cannot find how to enable the DRL menu in my Tiguan because they changed the adaptation, but I know it definitely still exists.

Do you by any chance know the SA for Module 13? By gaining access to module 13, I believe this will allow us to enable Emergency Assist and Traffic Jam Assist, and hopefully Pedestrian Assist as well.

Users Country Flag
    Just to give an update the coding for the Dynamic Road Sign Display works on NZ version of the Tiguan R Line (forgot to mention earlier that I didn't need to change Byte 24, Bit 6 in Module 5F as it was already activated).

The only issue is that I don't get the road signs showing in the Heads Up Display, I do get the warning there if I go over the set speed limit though. I noticed that if I go into the Heads Up Display setting in the Car Setup screen there is no option to turn this on or off like the other features so I am guessing there is additional coding need to enable this. When I get a chance I will have a look at the modules and see what other adaptations there are to see if I can find this one to enable it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post
    Just to give an update the coding for the Dynamic Road Sign Display works on NZ version of the Tiguan R Line (forgot to mention earlier that I didn't need to change Byte 24, Bit 6 in Module 5F as it was already activated).

The only issue is that I don't get the road signs showing in the Heads Up Display, I do get the warning there if I go over the set speed limit though. I noticed that if I go into the Heads Up Display setting in the Car Setup screen there is no option to turn this on or off like the other features so I am guessing there is additional coding need to enable this. When I get a chance I will have a look at the modules and see what other adaptations there are to see if I can find this one to enable it.

Oh yes, I forgot to include the instructions for enabling traffic signs on HUD because such spec doesn't exist in Australia.

I will dig around to see how it can be enabled.

EDIT: Try this, I compared coding with someone else. No guarantees that it will work because I haven't tried it.

Module 82
    Coding
    Long Coding

Byte 0, Activate Bit 0.
    Last edited by peanut; 17-03-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Oh yes, I forgot to include the instructions for enabling traffic signs on HUD because such spec doesn't exist in Australia.

I will dig around to see how it can be enabled.
    No dramas, figured that the HUD settings wasn't important to you guys since you miss out on it (despite what everyone says I actually find it an awesome option that is really useful). I will have a dig around as well and let you know if I find anything so you can update the post.

Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post
    No dramas, figured that the HUD settings wasn't important to you guys since you miss out on it (despite what everyone says I actually find it an awesome option that is really useful). I will have a dig around as well and let you know if I find anything so you can update the post.

Try this, I compared coding with someone else. No guarantees that it will work because I haven't tried it.

Module 82
    Coding
    Long Coding

Byte 0, Activate Bit 0.

If possible, can I have a copy of your VCDS scan as well to compare coding.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast