Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Guage Indication

Users Country Flag

Fuel Guage Indication

Just thought I would let you guys know what I learned today about our Tigs.... I was running low on fuel and got a 90K warning on the dash and a message on the media screen asking if I wanted to know where the closest fuel station was. Furthermore the fuel gauge changed to show the range left in the fuel tank, not the usual markings for full, half, quarter etc!!

Interestingly, does anyone know why there is, what looks like a number 7 after the full increment on the fuel gauge? been bugging me for ages!!
    2017 Tiguan R Line 162TSI, DAP, White. Upgraded speakers.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Regdop View Post
    Just thought I would let you guys know what I learned today about our Tigs.... I was running low on fuel and got a 90K warning on the dash and a message on the media screen asking if I wanted to know where the closest fuel station was. Furthermore the fuel gauge changed to show the range left in the fuel tank, not the usual markings for full, half, quarter etc!!

Interestingly, does anyone know why there is, what looks like a number 7 after the full increment on the fuel gauge? been bugging me for ages!!
    does it look like that. > l think it's a indicator of which side your fuel tanks cap is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyes24 View Post
    does it look like that. > l think it's a indicator of which side your fuel tanks cap is on.

It is the number 1. Meaning a full tank. The middle shows 1/2. So the number on the far right is 1.

MY20 Golf R - Dynaudio Excite 400w Premium Audio System - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - Lapiz Blue
    MY17 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - R-Line Package - Pure White MY10 Golf GTI Mk6 - 5 door - DSG - 18" Detroits - Sunroof - Leather - Electric Seats - Sat Nav - MDI - Park Assist - RVC - Deep Black Pearl - SOLD! MY13 Polo GTI - 5 door - Bi-Xenon's - Panoramic Sunroof - Candy White - SOLD!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by hcvo1 View Post
    It is the number 1. Meaning a full tank. The middle shows 1/2. So the number on the far right is 1.

Ok there you go!

MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyes24 View Post
    Nope, looks like a number 7...there is a triangle next to the bowser symbol which indicates the fuel cap side!

it looks more like a 7 than a 1, based on that theory shouldn't there be a zero instead of an E??

Users Country Flag
    Oh ok l was half right

Users Country Flag
    it looks more like a 7 than a 1, based on that theory shouldn't there be a zero instead of an E??
    Upload a photo please so we can see what you are talking about

MY20 Golf R - Dynaudio Excite 400w Premium Audio System - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - Lapiz Blue
    MY17 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - R-Line Package - Pure White MY10 Golf GTI Mk6 - 5 door - DSG - 18" Detroits - Sunroof - Leather - Electric Seats - Sat Nav - MDI - Park Assist - RVC - Deep Black Pearl - SOLD! MY13 Polo GTI - 5 door - Bi-Xenon's - Panoramic Sunroof - Candy White - SOLD!

Upload a photo please so we can see what you are talking about
    Anyone who has DAP will be able to see?

Users Country Flag

Anyone who has DAP will be able to see?
    I have DAP, and all I can see is the petrol bowser image and the arrow pointing to the side to refill. The other side (far right I have the number 1)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast