Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Efficiency

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Westy View Post
    140tdi and currently sitting on 5.9 l/100k around Sydney, did a trip yesterday western Syd to hurstville rtn and averaged 5.1 L/100k. I can't believe how economical the 140tdi is and it's only done 1000k's. I really expected mid 6's and tbh if the cars running fine don't care how much fuel it uses.

I doubt there would be much difference between the Tiguan and Passat Alltrack when it comes to fuel economy, very similar weights.
    It's not just the weight but the aerodynamic efficiency which puts the Tiguan at a slight disadvantage. The official numbers for the 140tdi are 5.9 in the Tiguan versus 5.4 in the Passat Alltrack.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    It's not just the weight but the aerodynamic efficiency which puts the Tiguan at a slight disadvantage. The official numbers for the 140tdi are 5.9 in the Tiguan versus 5.4 in the Passat Alltrack.
    Have got my Tig in for it's first service today and long term consumption, travelled 14,850Km since pickup, is 10.3/100Km. I track every fuel purchase and KMs in the app Fuelly.

I do a LOT of driving in heavy traffic and short trips so pretty happy with where it's at, plus it's great to be able to give it a blat from time to time and blow out the cobwebs
    MY17 Tiguan 162 Highline | DAP | Rline | Pano Sunroof | Pure White
    Stage 2.5 - APR DP, APR Turbo inlet, Muffler delete, IS38 Turbo, APR tune

MY18 Tiguan 162 Highline AllSpace | Sound & Vision | Sunroof | Blue Silk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTig View Post
    Have got my Tig in for it's first service today and long term consumption, travelled 14,850Km since pickup, is 10.3/100Km. I track every fuel purchase and KMs in the app Fuelly.

I do a LOT of driving in heavy traffic and short trips so pretty happy with where it's at, plus it's great to be able to give it a blat from time to time and blow out the cobwebs
    I also use fuelly to track consumption as I find the car's read out about 5-10% optimistic.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    Point taken the Passat appears to be about 30 kgs heavier but is more aerodynamic so that would be a definate advantage. They are both quite frugal in TDI guise, it was a hard choice between the Tig and Passat in the showroom.
    Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition My18

Have a 132 Adventure, fuel economy is in the low 9s. Mostly city, start/stop driving with some freeway runs. Aircon run 95% of the time. Driven approx 3000km.

Users Country Flag
    I've done a long trip recently expecting to get around 7-8's for the long trip, as my mk7 gti was around 7 on the same trip. On the way there it was 10L per 100km, on the way back it was 8.9L see attached. No chance of doing it on one tank.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuel Efficiency-img_5253-jpg  
    Last edited by craig_perth; 07-08-2018 at 12:10 AM.

That's not too bad! I've been averaging 15-16L per 100 lol

I think I need foot control.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dose Pipe Sutututu View Post
    That's not too bad! I've been averaging 15-16L per 100 lol

I think I need foot control.
    Yes indeed i have the same issue lol

My diesel does 7.5 to 8ltr/100 when everyone else gets 5.8 to 6

If you find the foot control let me know
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    This car is getting better economy with age I think, just hit 10K. pushed it to 850km this time.
    Photo was taken at Caltex Servo b4 filling up with my usual trusty Vortex95.
    Fuel Efficiency-20180805_112638-jpg

Users Country Flag

I have a 2017 162 TSI Highline. On a trip from Sydney to Melbourne using Eco mode I approached a displayed 6.7 ltrs/100km when I filled up in Albury. But when I did the calculations it turned out to be 7.2 ltrs/100km. Still respectable, but 60 litres will not get me from Sydney to Melbourne on 1 tank.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast