Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finance rate ?

Users Country Flag

Finance rate ?

Hi,

Today finance guy at VW call my wife asking whether we are going to use their finance or not? Im not really good at these. Is there any suggestion at all because as i ve come to know, rates always change with car finance. Thank you

The only way to compare finance is to look at the monthly/fortnightly repayments over the same period.

It doesn't hurt to get a quote. I've found the dealer finance is often pretty competitive.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag

Finance rate ?

VW finance also have the guaranteed buy back.

At agreed amount of years you can hand the keys back and if market value is lower than residual they cover it. If market value is higher you get it in your pocket.

https://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/way...en-choice.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I got mine through Toyota Finance and bought a VW lol. Dealer has VW, Toyota, Skoda under one roof and was financed through Toyota as they had a special rate and lower than my homeloan rate. Should switch that one to Toyota. They also look at your personal situation to assess the rate. Anything is possible, shop around.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    MY15 TIGUAN 130TDI R-LINE - Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof

Be carful!

https://youtu.be/W5cukcs_4r8

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Generally if the vehicle can be signed off with predominant business use then the business finance rates will be competitive with home loan rates as they won't be covered by the consumer credit code.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

When comparing, don't look at the rate being offered as different financiers use different methods of calculating this so it makes cross shopping very hard to compare. Make sure you compare like to like between financiers i.e. same term/residual and take into consideration the set up fee and monthly repayments (including monthly fees if any).

They won't tell you these things, if you don't ask.
    RS
    R

Users Country Flag
    These days I tend to use cash from my home loan offset account (that way I'm effectively getting home loan rates), but the last time I got a car loan I reviewed a whole bunch of loans using a site like this:

http://www.infochoice.com.au/persona...te-comparison/

It's a good site, it's not a brokering service, simply displays data for comparison. It shows loans from pretty much every financial institution available with their interest rate. Also, on the features tab it shows the application fee, monthly fee and early exit fee if applicable. It's an easy way to quickly find the best loan deal without having to phone around.

Untick "Show sponsored listings first" at the bottom of the page to make sure you make decision based on facts only

When I got my loan back in 2006 it was far, far better than what the dealer's finance could offer.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Yes using the home loan is a great option, if you have a home loan and you are able to draw some equity out of it.

A novated lease is an even better option if you're able to get it though work.
    RS
    R

Users Country Flag

Home loan options work if the buyer is diligent and ups their repayments to knock it off in the required time - if not can be a good idea to take out a supplementary loan; still same rate but at least they can treat it is a car loan. Given your mortgage these days should be in the 3s it's a good option particularly if you can't access the business products.

The problem with any comparison site is they won't feature every product, and just like home loans all you usually need to do is ask and the fees and rates can be cut by material amounts.

Novated lease can work for some but it's always good to crunch the numbers first to make sure you're actually ahead on it.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast