Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finance rate ?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tuan View Post
    Yes using the home loan is a great option, if you have a home loan and you are able to draw some equity out of it.

A novated lease is an even better option if you're able to get it though work.
    I've looked at a novated lease before (am entitled) but I don't do enough business related km's to make it worthwhile, just end up getting hit with FBT.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    Home loan options work if the buyer is diligent and ups their repayments to knock it off in the required time - if not can be a good idea to take out a supplementary loan; still same rate but at least they can treat it is a car loan. Given your mortgage these days should be in the 3s it's a good option particularly if you can't access the business products.
    I'm my case, I'm literally withdrawing funds from my offset account, not redrawing from the homeloan.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    I'm my case, I'm literally withdrawing funds from my offset account, not redrawing from the homeloan.
    Always a good way to go - sorry my comment I guess was also aimed more generally. Although offset funds are ultimately equity, so the same rules could be applied.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    I've looked at a novated lease before (am entitled) but I don't do enough business related km's to make it worthwhile, just end up getting hit with FBT.
    The rules are now that FBT is a flat 20% using the statutory method (not operating cost method) i.e. the stat method does not take into account business use.
    RS
    R

Users Country Flag
    The rules are now that FBT is a flat 20% using the statutory method (not operating cost method) i.e. the stat method does not take into account business use.
    Correct - the idea is (in simple terms) you use a pay deduction to reimburse/offset the FBT that would be payable on the balance and for cheaper cars you can usually finish ahead. The higher up you go the worse it gets, especially once you crack the luxury car threshold. But always best to analyse it and speak to someone who knows if you don't.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

The OP has many finance options now
    RS
    R

Users Country Flag
    The OP has many finance options now
    No excuse not to get that new Tig now.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    The only way to compare finance is to look at the monthly/fortnightly repayments over the same period.

It doesn't hurt to get a quote. I've found the dealer finance is often pretty competitive.
    Great advice. I am a mortgage broker so know a bit about this area don't worry much about the rate 4% or 4.5% doesn't make much difference with a small car loan mostly few dollars a month. The fees are what counts and could end up $500/$1000 etc so look at application fee, any dealer fees and setup fees these can be all waived. As for warranty and insurance, back at my BMW finance days there was 100% markup so $2000 extended warranty really only is $1000. Too much room to negotiate!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    The only way to compare finance is to look at the monthly/fortnightly repayments over the same period.

It doesn't hurt to get a quote. I've found the dealer finance is often pretty competitive.
    ...or the total amount repaid.

Users Country Flag

Hi guys, I'm wondering for those who got vw finance for the Tiguan in 2017, what rates were you offered? Especially interested in Sydney based purchases.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12