Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discover Pro 9.2" - does it warn you if you're over the posted speed limit?

Discover Pro 9.2" - does it warn you if you're over the posted speed limit?

Hi all,

Recently pickup up an MY18 140TDI Highline and had a question about the navigation system. Does the Discover Pro 9.2" warn you if you are over the posted speed limit, or is there a setting to enable this? Have had a good look through the system settings but no luck.

The reason I ask is because our second car (Mazda CX-3) warns you if you are over the posted speed limit, whether it be a 50, 60, 80, 100km/h speed zone.

Is what I've described above available with the Pro system?

I realise that you can set a maximum speed warning.

Any help much appreciated

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nickows View Post
    Hi all,

Recently pickup up an MY18 140TDI Highline and had a question about the navigation system. Does the Discover Pro 9.2" warn you if you are over the posted speed limit, or is there a setting to enable this? Have had a good look through the system settings but no luck.

The reason I ask is because our second car (Mazda CX-3) warns you if you are over the posted speed limit, whether it be a 50, 60, 80, 100km/h speed zone.

Is what I've described above available with the Pro system?

I realise that you can set a maximum speed warning.

Any help much appreciated
    You will need to turn on Road Sign Recognition via coding which displays the speed signs on the AID. This then give you the option to display a warning if you go over a certain threshold. Have a look at the coding pages on this forum for instructions on how to do it if you have an OBDeleven or VCDS or someone with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post
    You will need to turn on Road Sign Recognition via coding which displays the speed signs on the AID. This then give you the option to display a warning if you go over a certain threshold. Have a look at the coding pages on this forum for instructions on how to do it if you have an OBDeleven or VCDS or someone with one.

Excellent. Thank you for the info. Much appreciated

I must not have fully coded it correctly then, mine has TSR but does not tell me I've gone over the limit.
    Will have another look when I have time.
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    I must not have fully coded it correctly then, mine has TSR but does not tell me I've gone over the limit.
    Will have another look when I have time.
    There is no specific coding to enable this, just once turned on go into your Car Settings in the Infotainment system and under Driver Assistance there should be settings for the Road Sign Recognition where you can turn the warning on (visual and audio) and at what speed over the detected speed limit you want.

There is no specific coding to enable this, just once turned on go into your Car Settings in the Infotainment system and under Driver Assistance there should be settings for the Road Sign Recognition where you can turn the warning on (visual and audio) and at what speed over the detected speed limit you want.
    Mine only has an option to enable it under the instrument display settings. If you get around to getting a screenshot that would be awesome.
    Current:

Users Country Flag

Discover Pro 9.2" - does it warn you if you're over the posted speed limit?

Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    Mine only has an option to enable it under the instrument display settings. If you get around to getting a screenshot that would be awesome.
    Make sure you have the following option set:

Information Control Unit (5F) > Adaption > Car_Adaptations_Gen2 > menu_display_road_sign_identification > Activated

You should then get this:

Last edited by NZ_GolfR; 09-09-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Users Country Flag
    You will need to turn on Road Sign Recognition
    Off topic. Does RSR also recognise traffic lights? Even better, does it warn you when the light changes to yellow?
    Last edited by sharp; 10-09-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Users Country Flag
    No

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Make sure you have the following option set:
    Information Control Unit (5F) > Adaption > Car_Adaptations_Gen2 > menu_display_road_sign_identification > Activated
    That was the missing jigsaw. Works great, thanks muchly!
    Current:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast