Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discover Media - Latest Software Version

Users Country Flag

Discover Media - Latest Software Version

Has anyone got info on where to find the latest Discover Media versions etc?
    I doubt the dealer will be proactive enough to do them...?
    Discover Media - Latest Software Version-img_2140-heic-jpg
    TIGR
    2017 162TSI R-Line Tiguan -
    Tungsten Silver | DAP | APR Stage 1 Build thread: https://goo.gl/YNgixR
    2015 155TSI R-Line Tiguan
    -
    Build thread: https://goo.gl/sEqISR

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TIGR View Post
    Has anyone got info on where to find the latest Discover Media versions etc?
    I doubt the dealer will be proactive enough to do them...?
    Discover Media - Latest Software Version-img_2140-heic-jpg
    Try and press the UPDATE button on the right corner (connect your car to your local WiFi or use your phone as a hotspot)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeMoney View Post
    Try and press the UPDATE button on the right corner (connect your car to your local WiFi or use your phone as a hotspot)
    Tried that already but it doesn't work, from memory it only allows you to update via USB or SD Card so you have to already have the update firmware file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Users Country Flag
    For the european version I can download everything from navigation.com

HERE navigation - Volkswagen Region Selector.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks, yeah I think I found that navigation site in my searching, which unfortunately just sends you to the vw website in Australia to ‘find a dealer’.
    And yeah, no wifi update option available... USB or sd only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TIGR
    2017 162TSI R-Line Tiguan -
    Tungsten Silver | DAP | APR Stage 1 Build thread: https://goo.gl/YNgixR
    2015 155TSI R-Line Tiguan
    -
    Build thread: https://goo.gl/sEqISR

Users Country Flag
    If you're after the map updates here is the site for Australia VW_APAC_Pro_MIB2_New

May '17 is the latest and i was able to update the maps, used an SD Card and took about an hour
    Last edited by Coxie; 20-09-2017 at 10:27 AM.
    2017 Tiguan 162 Highline | DAP | R-line | Sunroof | Towbar | Indium Grey Metallic

Ordered 27th April 2017 | Built 29th April | "Shipped Email" 19th June | Arrived into Melbourne 15th July | Delivered 27th July

Users Country Flag
    Firmware updates are only from the dealer at this stage and will require a support bulletin before they'll apply it.
    The only exception to this is version 252 which is available.
    Versions are different for different part number mib units, where the first digit denotes applies to the pn which it is made for.
    I've seen 2xx, 3xx, 6xx and 8xx there are probably different versions again for North America

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Just did the maps update via the VW software (link around here somewhere - just google VW maps update software or something - its provided by VW so nothing to worry about)... took about 3 hours to download but worked a dream once installed - a lot more POI now..

Users Country Flag
    I can't get the VW software (Mac version) to give me any map options

When I fire it up it says "Connection to the update server is currently impossible. Please check your internet connectivity"

yeah - same internet that I downloaded this piece of rubbish software on so, yea, connectivity fine

I select Discover Pro (Gen 1) but have no option to select model/year of car. It tells me there are no updates but I assume that's because it can't access the update server
    MY17 Volkswagen Tiguan 162TSI Highline, DAP, Sunroof, Caribbean Blue
    MY13 Volkswagen Golf 103TSI Highline, Night Blue

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The J Man View Post
    I can't get the VW software (Mac version) to give me any map options

When I fire it up it says "Connection to the update server is currently impossible. Please check your internet connectivity"

yeah - same internet that I downloaded this piece of rubbish software on so, yea, connectivity fine

I select Discover Pro (Gen 1) but have no option to select model/year of car. It tells me there are no updates but I assume that's because it can't access the update server
    Assuming you’re referring to map updates (not firmware updates);

Volkswagen Maps & Software Updates

I gave up on the app as it gave me the same error. A bit further down the download page is the full data file download for ‘non-European countries’.
    I unzipped all the files into the root of a 32GB USB flash drive formatted as EXFAT - no SD card required.
    Note if you are using a Mac, the instructions recommend you use Keka to unzip reliably (AU$2.99 from Mac app store), and CleanMyDrive 2 to remove hidden Mac system files that confuse the head unit (Free from Mac app store). I used both to be on the safe side.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast