Thread: Diesel refueling

Diesel refueling

Got a surprise this weekend when I found that I could not add fuel normally to my Tig from a jerry can.

As per handbook page 308 the diesel Tig is fitted with a "Misfuelling prevention device" that in an emergency "only allows you to pour diesel into the tank extremely slowly in very small quantities" unless using suitable diesel pump nozzles (as found at service stations).

As this can be a real issue for rural owners does anyone know of any insert of the correct size to allow the misfuelling device to be opened other than at a service station?

On another issue, has anyone successfully stowed the parcel shelf under the false boot floor as per the diagram on the shelf underside. Dealer couldn't either as there does not appear to be sufficient distance between the wheel arches (by about 4cm). Apparently it's quite simple in the Polo and Golf.
    Granite Passat sedan TDI (125kw), DSG, beige leather
    Candy White Polo 6R, 66TDI, DSG, no options

Users Country Flag
    I have refued mt Tiguan using a 20 litre container,But using a syphon hose .place a old towel on the roof above the diesel cap and push the hose past the flap

Users Country Flag
    Try this forum for the parcel shelf;
    Storing the parcel shelf - VW Tiguan MK2 Forums
    Note at least one guy snapped off the pegs on the shelf in trying to stow it. A couple of options in that thread including putting behind the seat. I think some diesel variants have the battery in the boot is which prevents storing the parcel tray. Not sure if the AU version does.

Mine does not have a diagram?! But it does fit like this image from the other forum;

https://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/downl...le.php?id=1797

Good luck!

Users Country Flag

I am assuming you are referring to a new Tiguan?

On my previous Mondeo, it had Ford Easy Fuel Capless refueling. It came with a funnel in case you need a Jerry Can or for adding Fuel / Diesel Additives.

Obviously VW does not provide this, I have also found on my new Passat that it has the "Misfuelling Prevention Device" but I have overcome this by using the Rislone EZ Nozzle Spout; Rislone Australia Our Products - Rislone Australia

This allows you to refuel from a Jerry Can or add Fuel Additives without issue!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)