Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dash Camera Preference

Users Country Flag

I have a 750 in the front of the Passat and a DR450 in the rear. Paid $300 for the 750 and a PMP when Auotbarn had a special weekend before Xmas Got the 450 for $187 as well plus $30 for the GPS module Installed them myself. Have a brand new Power Magic sitting in cupboard that Im not using It has better settings than the PMP Can be set at 1hr and 11.6v for parking mode. Only takes an hour to hardwire the camera and a PM in.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Blog Entries
    Had a blackvue DR590-1CH installed for $270 this week plus another $80 for the parking monitor.

Havent had a chance to review it yet. But due to the way the mirror is setup, the camera is a little bit too far off centre to my liking.
    VW Tiguan 2018 162TSI Highline
    VW Polo 2015 81TSI Comfortline

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    Had a blackvue DR590-1CH installed for $270 this week plus another $80 for the parking monitor.

Havent had a chance to review it yet. But due to the way the mirror is setup, the camera is a little bit too far off centre to my liking.
    Heres my view from seat and front Not quite the same as the Tig but gives the idea

Users Country Flag
    I did research into dash cams and were only skeptical about BlackVue due to their recommendations of their own microSD cards. Extending my search further by prior experience, I bought the TaoTronics 2K TT-CD06 from Amazon US for 80 US$ + 8$ shipping to AU and picked a Samsung Evo Plus microSD card 64G from TheGoodGuys for a discounted price about 35$ from my memory. So far the video quality is excellent in the range 2K to 1080p. One thing that both the seller and manufacturer do not mention or mention very vaguely is that the Dynamic Range for Night Vision is only available in 1080p mode, not in the highest mode 2K. Nevertheless, video quality at night is also high. I can’t say about the durability for now but am quite happy with the investment.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by alexjan View Post
    I did research into dash cams and were only skeptical about BlackVue due to their recommendations of their own microSD cards. Extending my search further by prior experience, I bought the TaoTronics 2K TT-CD06 from Amazon US for 80 US$ + 8$ shipping to AU and picked a Samsung Evo Plus microSD card 64G from TheGoodGuys for a discounted price about 35$ from my memory. So far the video quality is excellent in the range 2K to 1080p. One thing that both the seller and manufacturer do not mention or mention very vaguely is that the Dynamic Range for Night Vision is only available in 1080p mode, not in the highest mode 2K. Nevertheless, video quality at night is also high. I can’t say about the durability for now but am quite happy with the investment.
    You dont have to use the BV SD cards in their cameras I have 5 of them and all are running different cards NONE have BV cards in them and all work fine

Users Country Flag
    Several of the top reviews of the BlackVue cameras on Amazon complain about the inability to read number plate details. They claim that other (cheaper) cameras are better at number plate visibility. Is this a real issue or more a case of customer expectation exceeding reality?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    You dont have to use the BV SD cards in their cameras I have 5 of them and all are running different cards NONE have BV cards in them and all work fine
    Yep, I know. My searches showed that many have used non-BV cards with/without problems. I was skeptical about their recommendations which backed me off, not to mention their hefty prices. Altogether my investment for cam+card is still much less than a similar BV alone while the outcome has been not so bad, if not better per some reviews in dashcamtalk.com (disclaimer: I do not own any BV to compare, so this is only hearsay then . I am truly happy with the 2K quality when reviewing the video clips in my computer.
    Preowned Tiguan 125TSI 4Motion 7sp MY11 | RCD330G | Interior LEDs | OSRAM NightBreaker | Dashcam TaoTronics 2K

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by magtam View Post
    Several of the top reviews of the BlackVue cameras on Amazon complain about the inability to read number plate details. They claim that other (cheaper) cameras are better at number plate visibility. Is this a real issue or more a case of customer expectation exceeding reality?
    None of them really give legible view of plates when moving here is a pic taken at 95kph on the Bruce JUst to give you and idea

just had an installer recommend Cowon instead of blackvue..... not even in the same league...
    2008 MY09 Ibis White Audi S5 Manual SOLD!
    2017 MY18 Manganese Grey VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg SOLD!
    2018 MY18 Indium Grey VW Golf 110TSI Comfortline, DAP & Infotainment, Folding Mirrors!
    2023 MY23 Nevada White Cupra Formentor VZx

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FarQ View Post
    just had an installer recommend Cowon instead of blackvue..... not even in the same league...
    ????????Better or worse

Not much to say here which is the bible about Dashcams Cowon | DashCamTalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast