Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cost of extended warrranty

I have had this warranty on a Golf GTI before, it was actually pretty good. Like anything with car dealers though, it really is only as good as your service advisor.

Users Country Flag
    Im considering if an extended warranty is worth the money.

Has anyone had any issues so far with 2nd Gen Tigs which has resulted in warrenty claims?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    For those who have bought extended warranty, what did you get (VW genuine which is underwritten by Allianz or another 3rd party one)
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    I've received conflicting information but I have the PDS for the Genuine VW Extended Warranty and on page 5 it states it is underwritten by Allianz Insurance.

This is the link to the PDS: SugarSync
    Quote Originally Posted by VW Convert View Post
    Genuine VW extended warranty is definitely underwritten by Allianz, has been for at least 11 years (unless things have changed recently.) Dealer has to get authorisation of Allianz before going ahead with the repair but there's no paperwork for the customer to fill in.
    Not sure if people can't read a basic PDS or are trying to spread misinformation, but the VW Factory Extended Warranty is NOT underwritten by Allianz or any insurance company

Page 3

"a 2 year unlimited kilometre extended, factory backed warranty" ... "The Extended Warranty is backed by Volkswagen Australia"

No mention of Allianz or any insurance company in regards to the extended warranty
    Last edited by FastMitch; 29-06-2018 at 06:33 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123