Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car delivery

Car delivery

Hi there

I ordered our car in June and I was told that it will take us 3 months to take delivery. 132 Comfortline +DAP

I received a call this week and was informed that car is here. When I asked dealer to confirm if it was MY18 or My17 he informed me that it is MY17 and MY18 wont be available until dec.

Is that really the case ? I would have thought that build date would determine the car we will be getting.

Any advice will be helpful w

Users Country Flag
    MY18 won't be built until this month sometime.

So add in order backlog, and transit, and those won't be here until the end of the year at the earliest.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by sunnynagi View Post
    Hi there

I ordered our car in June and I was told that it will take us 3 months to take delivery. 132 Comfortline +DAP

I received a call this week and was informed that car is here. When I asked dealer to confirm if it was MY18 or My17 he informed me that it is MY17 and MY18 wont be available until dec.

Is that really the case ? I would have thought that build date would determine the car we will be getting.

yeah spot on, build date determines the MY. Just took delivery of mine a week ago, it was built week 17 changeover to MY18 occurred week 21, so MY18 cars should start showing up sometimes in September I guess. Sounds like they had one on order , someone cancelled or they did a swap with another dealership and why you're getting it so quick.
    Last edited by TheTig; 03-08-2017 at 09:39 PM.
    MY17 Tiguan 162 Highline | DAP | Rline | Pano Sunroof | Pure White
    Stage 2.5 - APR DP, APR Turbo inlet, Muffler delete, IS38 Turbo, APR tune

MY18 Tiguan 162 Highline AllSpace | Sound & Vision | Sunroof | Blue Silk

Quote Originally Posted by sunnynagi View Post
    Hi there

I would say that if you got a car that quick u are lucky firstly Car delivery
    They must had a car on its way that was allocated to them ,the dealers that is ,and they gave it to you.
    June order at the factory would have meant an MY18 with a 3-4 month delivery as a minimum .
    Now if you specified an MY 18 in your contract i would have thought that you have the right to refuse picking it up if you choose to.

Not sure if this helps you at all.Car delivery

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot guys for such a quick response

Yep i figured that it seems like order transfer from another dealer. So I think i should be happy with what you have all said.

any major changes with My18 ?

Users Country Flag
    So what was noted on your sales contract...MY17 or MY18?
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Spec changes for MY18 are here: Tiguan MY18 release date / updates

It depends if you're desperate for the car and also whether you have MY18 / build date in your contract. If you're not in a hurry I'd be getting the MY18 updates if you can.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

it says QT/17 on the contract so i guess it is MY17

MY17 spec change is middle of the year in terms of build and will be arriving late August early Sept. So you're only a month or less away from a MY18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

thanks tigger, legally speaking can i refuse to take the delivery? looking at what I have on the invoice AD13QT/17

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast