Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk2 Tiguan Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by ewok666 View Post
    Maybe you mean Nm....kw always increases with rpm up to a certain point, usually where torque drops off.

Have had three cars with stage 1 APR and was/am very happy. Without it the Tiguan felt a bit dull and boring to drive. To be fair, I’m comparing it to an RS3, also tuned, of course.
    No he said kw

"Its basically running a MK7 GTI engine, with 7R drivetrain, meaning we will able to extract a further 40kw @ wheels with a stage 1 tune, on stock hardware. "
    MY17 Tiguan 162 Highline | DAP | Rline | Pano Sunroof | Pure White
    Stage 2.5 - APR DP, APR Turbo inlet, Muffler delete, IS38 Turbo, APR tune

MY18 Tiguan 162 Highline AllSpace | Sound & Vision | Sunroof | Blue Silk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTig View Post
    Inquired about a stage 1 ECU and DSG tune with Jordie at ETuners, quoted $1600. Don't believe they've done a Tig yet the way he was speaking, however they have one booked in next week for stage 2, he was happy to share the results afterwards. Seems to think an extra 40Kw at the wheels should be achievable. Just waiting on my car to come back from the repairers and see how it is before deciding if I'll do it or not. Was sitting at a red light when someone decided to keep going and ran straight up the back, they were doing around 60Km when they hit, the car went under mostly, took out the rear black bumper, damage doesn't look to bad, but terrible vibrations driving afterwards. Smash repairer reckon it's the exhaust out of alignment... Anyway will share the results when I check in with Jordie next week unless the person is already on here
    Great thanks! Underground Performance tuned a 162 TSI stage 1 ECU and TCU and achieved 177kw at the wheels. It would be interesting to see what etuners motorsport can achieve....

Has anyone recorded any video of thier mk2 tuned Tig?

Quote Originally Posted by Grugly View Post
    Has anyone recorded any video of thier mk2 tuned Tig?
    Really won’t sound any different until you modify the exhaust/ go to stage 2.

Stage 1 tune is just a software change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

No he said kw

"Its basically running a MK7 GTI engine, with 7R drivetrain, meaning we will able to extract a further 40kw @ wheels with a stage 1 tune, on stock hardware. "
    Well, he must be confused. Cars can have a fairly flat torque curve but power is always lower at low RPMs unless you have a really odd torque curve. Usually max power is at high revs after torque is dropping off.

Power (kW) = Torque (N.m) x Speed (RPM) / 9.5488.

The above tells you that, should torque stay constant, power increases with RPM. To say that you want the same power across the rev range means you would need to keep dropping torque linear with the rev increase. Hardly desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hole46 View Post
    Both my Tiguans, APR and etuners, the economy was improved with conservative driving. The difference between the tunes was the APR massive initial torque and then run out of puff (goes with their philosophy of more boost is better) and the more linear power delivery of etuners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Have to say that I prefer to have max torque available even if it can't hold it as high as it would with an IS38. That said, the additional cost of the turbo swap, for daily driving, is hard to justify.

Well, he must be confused. Cars can have a fairly flat torque curve but power is always lower at low RPMs unless you have a really odd torque curve. Usually max power is at high revs after torque is dropping off.

Power (kW) = Torque (N.m) x Speed (RPM) / 9.5488.

The above tells you that, should torque stay constant, power increases with RPM. To say that you want the same power across the rev range means you would need to keep dropping torque linear with the rev increase. Hardly desirable.
    Cheers for the info what you’re saying makes a lot of sense, I’m keen for extra grunt, the 162 goes well but I want more 😜.

Am curious to know from those who’ve applied a tune or chipped their car what the effect on insurance is?
    MY17 Tiguan 162 Highline | DAP | Rline | Pano Sunroof | Pure White
    Stage 2.5 - APR DP, APR Turbo inlet, Muffler delete, IS38 Turbo, APR tune

MY18 Tiguan 162 Highline AllSpace | Sound & Vision | Sunroof | Blue Silk

Users Country Flag
    Inquired about a stage 1 ECU and DSG tune with Jordie at ETuners, quoted $1600. Don't believe they've done a Tig yet the way he was speaking, however they have one booked in next week for stage 2, he was happy to share the results afterwards. Seems to think an extra 40Kw at the wheels should be achievable. Just waiting on my car to come back from the repairers and see how it is before deciding if I'll do it or not. Was sitting at a red light when someone decided to keep going and ran straight up the back, they were doing around 60Km when they hit, the car went under mostly, took out the rear black bumper, damage doesn't look to bad, but terrible vibrations driving afterwards. Smash repairer reckon it's the exhaust out of alignment... Anyway will share the results when I check in with Jordie next week unless the person is already on here
    Im going in to etuners the 29th for stage 1 ECU and DSG. Putting in a BMC drop in filter and doing pops and crackles in Sport Mode

Users Country Flag
    Maybe you mean Nm....kw always increases with rpm up to a certain point, usually where torque drops off.

Have had three cars with stage 1 APR and was/am very happy. Without it the Tiguan felt a bit dull and boring to drive. To be fair, I’m comparing it to an RS3, also tuned, of course.
    No I mean KW and the shape of the curve. Yes KW increases with rpm, its the KW per RPM that's important.

Example below, same car 2 different tunes. Black line tune make more power but right at the top end, blue line tune makes less power but much bigger area under the graph the whole rpm range. Blue tune would be a lot better to drive and would win any race.

Mk2 Tiguan Tuning-area_under_curve_comp-jpg

Cheers for the info what you’re saying makes a lot of sense, I’m keen for extra grunt, the 162 goes well but I want more .

Am curious to know from those who’ve applied a tune or chipped their car what the effect on insurance is?
    I’m with GIO and they don’t seem to care much. 4th tunes car and no issues. As long as you don’t add/swap the turbo, add a roll cage or have custom paint (yes, paint!) no issue.

I felt the same, power wise. The car is SOOO much better with the tune but I honestly only bought because the APR tune (or others) was available. If it hadn’t been then I would have looked at a higher powered Audi.
    Last edited by ewok666; 20-05-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast