Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice regarding making a deal with dealer ?!

Users Country Flag

At the end of the day, you should expect the dealer to try and take as much money out of your pocket as they can. First to blink looses, so if you do your homework on what Is fair and ALWAYS be prepared to walk away, you are in with a chance. If you know its a 50k car and you try and get it for 40k, its likely they will fold then and there. Any less than 50k you did well, any more than 50k and they fleeced you.

As i found out when I got the deal on my Tiguan in March, that I was almost sure would not happen, being polite but firm and very persistent worked. I stuck at it for 2hrs and never waivered in my approach, "I don't actually need the new car that much and if we cannot do the deal I am happy to continue driving my own car". And don't bugger them around, if you get the deal you want, be prepared to sign the contract right then and there - they really like that, especially the last day of the month or late on a Saturday.
    162 TSI + R-Line + DAP +Pure white. Ordered March 11th 2017. I'm built email Sept 9th 2017. I'm shipped email Sept 30th 2017. VIN received from dealer Oct 5th 2017. Arrived Fremantle October 24th. Finally delivered to me - Wednesday 15th November.

Users Country Flag

1. Know the anticipated price
    2. Be prepared to walk. There are other VW dealers.
    3. Dont feel bad - if a deal was made, the dealer didnt lose out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12