Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Accessories

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seanix View Post
    I removed the pedalbox from our A4 before selling it. But ive used it on a few cars and it's the best bang for buck mod.
    DBW has that dredded lag off the line. Most modern cars suffer from this. Feels so much more responsive with the pedalbox.
    2016 RS3. 2015 A4
    Just curious what is the difference between having a pedalbox and using the Sports mode. I tested the sports mode and the response was so much better compare to the Normal and comfort mode which you can feel the lag. I have to say I'm loving the sports mode. What benefit would the pedalbox provide if we set to sports mode?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyT View Post
    Just curious what is the difference between having a pedalbox and using the Sports mode. I tested the sports mode and the response was so much better compare to the Normal and comfort mode which you can feel the lag. I have to say I'm loving the sports mode. What benefit would the pedalbox provide if we set to sports mode?
    In sports mode it would feel just that little bit more responsive.
    But then again there's sports mode on the pedalbox.. lol this makes it even more nippy.

I've set the pedalbox to eco mode and that itself made a big difference. Imagine the other 2 settings which are available Accessories.

2016 RS3. 2015 A4

Users Country Flag
    For those guys that have the boot sill protector fitted was it plastic or stainless steel ? On our order it said stainless steel but a plastic one has been fitted. Has there been a change in spec recently ?

Quote Originally Posted by jpvw01 View Post
    For those guys that have the boot sill protector fitted was it plastic or stainless steel ? On our order it said stainless steel but a plastic one has been fitted. Has there been a change in spec recently ?
    There are 2 types. The clear wrap is the cheaper option and is actually the better one in my opinion. It's subtle do you won't notice it's there yet provides that protection.

2016 RS3. 2015 A4

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jpvw01 View Post
    Hi, yeah we got the plastic one and on our order it says (stainless steel l) when I queried them on it the whole line should read “boot will protector (stainless steel look). If you squint it does look like stainless steel, our Skoda has a chromed/polished steel boot sill protector and really that’s what I thought we were getting. That being said after the initial disappointment I got over it quickly, it doesn’t look too bad and a heck of a lot easier keeping clean then the polished one
    Tiguan 162TSI Highline Indium | R-Line pack | DAP | Tow pack |
    Octavia 2012 vRS | TDI | White | DSG | Tow pack |

Update re: Rhinorack Stealthbars.
    Have driven on the freeway plenty of times with them now. Wind noise is only slightly increased for me but others don't notice it. There can be a very occasional low grade whistle if the wind catches the bars in a certain way but this has only lasted for a very short period of time.
    Very happy with them and can't wait to pop on a roof box.

Btw ignore the filthy car.

Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    Hi Veew, I had a look at those when I was looking for a roof bar to mount my LED light bar and I think they were a fraction to low to allow the sunroof to open.

If you get a chance, can you measure the clearance under the bar, close to the centre of the roof and I will open mine and see what is needed to allow the sunroof to open.

Users Country Flag
    Looking at those photos I don't think you will have clearance with the sunroof.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

You definitely can't use it with a sunroof, there is about 2cm clearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag

Thanks Veew. I couldn’t get actual clearance details when I went to buy mine, so for safety sake, I bought the higher mount Rhino Racks..

I’m quite happy with them.

BTW, I originally posted I did not have any wind noise with mine, BUT, with the sound system off, there is also a very slight whistle at about 80kmh and higher speeds.
    Last edited by drivesafe; 24-11-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast