Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tiguan reliability?

Users Country Flag

2017 Tiguan reliability?

I've now had me 2017 Tiguan for 15 months and I have to say it has to be one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned.

I had one "glitch" with the infotainment screen, where it would not come on for a few days, but this self corrected and I have not had another single problem.

Am I being optimistic or is this sort of reliability commonplace with VWs.

This is my first VW and I am sure it won't be the last.

Has anyone had any issues and how did VWA address it?

First gen Tiguan has overall been a pretty reliable unit. I don't see any reason why the gen2 Tiguan will be any different. As it's built on the MQB platform the motors are all pretty well sorted before the Tiguan came out. There's always going to be the odd manufacturing issue, however I think that post-dieselgate VW have picked up the ball in terms of warranty repairs.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi Tigger and so far I have only read about one-up issues.

I have come over from a make that is well known for its endless manufacturing faults and continuos recalls.

But I was expecting possibly some issues with my Tiguan as it is a new model, but so far I have been very impressed with it’s reliability and performance.

I had a MkV Golf GTi prior to my current Tiguan Rline 162 and had no issues, apart for a slightly loose hatch, in 10 years.
    That is one of the reasons I went with VW again. The 162 motor and the DSG is the other.

Ruby Red Rline 162 with the lot.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by drivesafe View Post
    I was expecting possibly some issues with my Tiguan as it is a new model, but so far I have been very impressed with it’s reliability and performance.
    Because the Tiguan sits on the MQB platform which is shared by 20 or so other cars (Golf Mk7, Passat Mk8, Skoda Octavia Mk3, Polo Mk6, Audi A3 Mk3, etc) there's a lot of development/R&D gone into it to get it right.

The MQB platform has been around for 5 years or so now so it's a very stable platform. I really wouldn't expect too many issues with these cars.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    I had a 2014 MQB A3 before the Tiguan and I had a number of issues with the dreaded leaking water pump, faulty aircon system, and corrosion in the EMS... It didn't put me off buying another VAG MQB based vehicle (stuff happens after all), but my advice is to get a pre end of warranty check to make sure everything is in top shape.

Users Country Flag
    Two Tiguans here (2010 and 2012) and both reliable with no issues.

Not so much here but in the UK there are some real horror stories surrounding the driver assist systems but over there the car can be returned if the customer is not happy.

Users Country Flag
    2017 Tsi Issues after a year.... The Aircon has stopped working about two weeks ago, Its booked in for its 15K service in two weeks (delay for wanting a loan car) so will just wait till then. Also the heated mirrors didn't work for about two months but have suddenly fixed themselves??
    The Discovery Media I hope can get a software update as this has always done off software things like no audio when Carplay and BT audio are playing but a power cycle fixes it - stuff like that I expect working with tech all day.

Heated mirrors don't engage unless the temperature is below a certain temp range I believe. I had a Passat that was not heating at certain times but it was because it was wet in the humid summer heat and was assured they were working as intended.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast