Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 140 TDI fuel econony

I only got mine yesterday so will report after 1 tank. I'm going to be taking it easy on eco or comfort.
    Traded: Tornado Red MY11 Golf GTI Adidas
    Missus: MY17 VW Tiguan 140TDI R-Line, DAP, Tint, White.
    Missus: MY14 VW Golf R Leather, DAP, Tint, Lapiz Blue .

Quote Originally Posted by stark27 View Post
    I only got mine yesterday so will report after 1 tank. I'm going to be taking it easy on eco or comfort.
    I didn't try on eco as I believe the stats represent normal mode but let's see what you get.
    Also my second tank consumption is now 8.1-8.2

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus_fas View Post
    I didn't try on eco as I believe the stats represent normal mode but let's see what you get.
    Also my second tank consumption is now 8.1-8.2

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Don't try too hard to get the best fuel economy make sure that you don't labour the engine. If there isn't a fault, you should get quite decent fuel economy.

Filled up a few days ago and had a range of 70km left with 690km on the trip clock. Did about 90% in 60-70 zones where you avg about 22-25km/h. My commute to work is 12km.

2nd tank. 690km on fill up with 50km left on range. Avg 8.0l/100km for the tank

Users Country Flag
    2nd tank. 690km on fill up with 50km left on range. Avg 8.0l/100km for the tank
    Don't worry, you'll get there. Way too early for your engine to get to manufacturer specified consumption. With you comment above, with your trips, going to take a while to run the engine in. I'm thinking something like 15,000+kms. My 130TDI, managed to drop to 6.8 long-term average after 7,500kms driving around Sydney. Car needs some longer trips on motorways to loosen up. Maybe do a 200-300kms stint motorway driving at 110km/h. Mine at just shy of 20,000kms mark, 1000kms per tank in Sydney. Takes bit time.

2015 Tiguan 130TDI R-Line, Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof
    MY15 TIGUAN 130TDI R-LINE - Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof

Thanks for the info and tips. I'll be driving to Newcastle from Brisbane over Easter so that should be a nice drive for the engine

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the info and tips. I'll be driving to Newcastle from Brisbane over Easter so that should be a nice drive for the engine
    It will be much better on the longer trip. My wife's 110TDI with just over 450km on the clock is only getting 8.2-8.3 L/100 on 11km trips. This is the same as our old 09 103TDI returned for the same trip, but its long term average was close to 6.1.
    2017 Orange Tiguan 110 TDI Comfortline + DAP .
    Traded 2009 Tiguan TDI auto Mountain Grey.

Users Country Flag
    Get Fuelly. Track your usage over time. I've got all my cars on there and have tracked a couple of hundred thousand km
    It's handy to see any trends over time or sudden spikes you might otherwise miss.
    (You should always talk L/100km since that's nice and universal and easy to compare across different cars too)

Here is mine for the Multivan:
    Mrs Hawk's Dexter (Volkswagen Kombi) | Fuelly

Long term average is 9.8L/100km but my worst is 12 and my best 8ish. Two adults + 3 kids + stuff in a giant van does that.
    Even on a trip I end up in the 10.x range because I scream along the freeway at 110km/h with the AC on and a load full of stuff. (more like 12 with the trailer too).

You will likely find the best consumption for most vehicles is at about 90km/h, so if you have a nice commute where you drive at 90 you're likely to get better consumption than the guy who drives at 60km/h... and far better than the guy who drives 2km to the station and back (like me).

Speaking of me, 1.4L Petrol with an average of 9.6L/100km, a worst cast of 15L/100km and a best of 6.3L/100km. Now I only fill up every 6 weeks or so because the car only goes to the train station and back most of the time (hence the terrible consumption) but when I get out on the road it really does quite well. I think I could get under that 6.3 too if I had a nice long cruise at 90... but who wants to drive slow

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag

140TDI rline with 9500km and averaging 7.2L/100km mix of city and long trips. I have roof bars as well so will be higher, I have come form a Volvo XC60 D5 that averaged 8.3L/100km over 5 years (130K km) same mix of driving. Happy with the improvement of the new Tiguan although have had to add 10L of AdBlue at 9000km.
    MY17 Tiguan Highline 140TSI - Pure White, R-Line, Driver Assistance Pack, Sunroof
    1989 Mercedes 560SEC smoke silver
    1991 Mercedes 300CE-24 Dark Blue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast