Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the 110tsi Power OK ?

Is the 110tsi Power OK ?

Just wondering if there are any 110tsi owners out there? I am thinking about a 110tsi comfortline with DAP but am just a little worried about the power. I have done a test drive and power seemed OK to me. But i guess 110kw seems a bit low on paper and was wondering how they go in the real world with kids and luggage on board on a highway. I don't need it to be a racing car but would like it to keep up on hills and overtake OK. Is there anyone out there who can comment after owning or doing an extended test drive?

Users Country Flag
    We bought one 2 months ago, is enough power to do anything normal, overtakes and gets up to speed just fine, happy with the 6spd dsg aswell, went for a long highway drive this weekend and is returning about 5.5l/100. Remember it's the same engine and tune as the highline golf, so it's no real slouch

Users Country Flag
    It's the accelerator lag in the 110 that annoyed me!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by marcuskmt View Post
    It's the accelerator lag in the 110 that annoyed me!
    Even the 162TSI has acceleration lag.

Users Country Flag
    Have you tried resetting the Drive-by-wire throttle system? I did a few weeks back and seemed to make quite a difference (at least I think it did Is the 110tsi Power OK ?):

With the car off push the accelerator pedal to the floor and leave it down. Turn the ignition on (but don't start car) and wait at least 10 seconds. Release the accelerator and turn the car off.
    When you restart the car the throttle should be much more responsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Users Country Flag
    I'll try that

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post
    Have you tried resetting the Drive-by-wire throttle system? I did a few weeks back and seemed to make quite a difference (at least I think it did Is the 110tsi Power OK ?):

With the car off push the accelerator pedal to the floor and leave it down. Turn the ignition on (but don't start car) and wait at least 10 seconds. Release the accelerator and turn the car off.

Does this work across the model range or only MQB based vehicles?
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    I believe it is any VW that has a Drive-by-wire throttle. I have seen it on Golf and Touareg forum sites.

Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Users Country Flag
    NZ-GOLF .. how can i turn ignition on? I press button once after i sat in the car to start the engine, and press once before leaving. With Audi, as i remember, first press is to turn ignition, but this one doesnt. Maybe im not really good in using these high tech car.... thats why ... please help... thanks

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post

Isn't that the procedure to reset the DSG (for those without VCDS)??? Some models differ either 10 or 20 seconds from I have read online.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    MY15 TIGUAN 130TDI R-LINE - Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast