Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wagon spare wheel tool kit holder

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket36 View Post
    Jesus Christ! Did you have to break the trim off to do that? I mean, I knew this could be done on European models with space saver spares. But I'd much rather have a full size matching spare than a bee's penis' worth of extra space.
    Haha, no, definitely not broken. They just unclip.

Users Country Flag
    OK cool

Users Country Flag
    So I did this too. Dropped the floor and made even MORE space. Our full size pram and Great Dane now fit together (albeit without the cargo cover and net divider). Popped the clips back in after I dropped the floor so I don't lose them.

For the tools, I wrapped them in a towel without them touching each other (so no clinking noises) and then into a spare black drawstring bag I had in the garage and popped it into the the left side little storage compartment thingy.

Nice.

It's always good to get an extra inch or so for free. 😎

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete the Pomme View Post
    Is there an alternative holder for the toolkit (jack, wheel brace, etc) that goes inside the spare wheel?
    I ask because if the standard kit holder is removed, the boot floor can be lowered by about 50mm. Not much, granted, but every little helps.
    u could try sourcing one from the Superb.
    it's inside the spare wheel and holds all the bits and bobs u speak off.

Wagon spare wheel tool kit holder-spare-tyre-jpg
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag

Not hard to make your own custom one, all you need is the bits you need to store, some plastic bags, cling wrap, and a can of expanding foam...

But a factory one is neater.
    Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12