Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Cockpit Instrument Cluster Upgrade on MY16 Passat Completed

Users Country Flag

Optics arent used for speed or bandwidth, but for elimination of interference and noise.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I should know this once NBN goes live on the Sunshine Coast in October. ADSL has been a nightmare.
    Audi & VW teach their techs that their optic cables were introduced for speed, but I can imagine they also do not deteriorate as much as copper wires.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah the two are linked - the faster you push data over copper the more important control of crosstalk and interference becomes.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    makes sense, thanks kamold.
    MY11 B7 Passat 125TDi Highline
    Pearl Mocca Anthracite | Electric and Heated Leather | Folding Mirrors | Sunroof | Adaptive Lighting Package | Footwell Lighting | Park Assist 2 | Lane Assist | RNS510 | R36 Pedals | Scirocco MFSW | Front Lip | 20" Suzuka Wheels | H&R Springs | De-Badged | VCDS Mods | Alpine Mono and 8" Subwoofer

Users Country Flag
    This does look very cool, how hard or if even possible is this retro fit to a previous gen? B6 /3C

Users Country Flag
    There's a reason why it's only in the B8 forum

Users Country Flag
    Any idea where to do this in Sydney?-

Users Country Flag
    Very nice!

Quick question, is this mod suitable for DIY or is it too complex for the average Joe?

Ky

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Optics arent used for speed or bandwidth, but for elimination of interference and noise.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    kamold: So how does the upgrade deal with the immobilizer insert in the old cluster and how does it manage the CP constellation mechanics that's native to MQB platform vehicles (which I assume is present in the B8 )?

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast