Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vibration noise coming from door trims, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by NPR View Post
    This is the most frustrating phase of rattle control, trying to get the dealer to acknowledge it. I spent 12 months trying to get my dealer to identify the B-pillar rattle in my 2006 B6, and it took a world-wide service notice to make them move on it. Poor factory galvanising had separated in a large proportion of the initial build.

Anyway, getting the new trim next week... In the mean time the left hand side trim has started chattering. Sigh.

I noticed it with mine today starting only 2500ks on the clock. Passenger door and the rattle stops if I press against the arm rest. Only notice it on the course highway roads. I think it's that and the tweeter plastics.

I'll probably mention it at the first service but I'm not sure how keen I am on the dealer pulling doors apart.

Users Country Flag
    The other thing is, mine went away on its own and I'm over 5,000km already. Yeah I do a lot of km. So it may be a "phase". Loosen up after time?

Users Country Flag
    I'm at ~14k KM. Noise is still there.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket36 View Post
    The other thing is, mine went away on its own and I'm over 5,000km already. Yeah I do a lot of km. So it may be a "phase". Loosen up after time?
    I’d like to think so but not only is it becoming more persistent at 32000km, but the other side is revealing its need for conversation too.

Users Country Flag

OK, so I've had the door surgery done earlier in the week, and so far so good. But of course, early days.
    The dealership replaced a speaker moulding, not the whole door trim, but it was the apparent source of the problem.

For those interested, the part number is 3G0867420DJLV, and is described as 'Moulding'. I didn't actually see what they replaced so no description beyond that. Sorry.

Nick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123