Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS Tweaks

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpaladin67 View Post
    On this one the dots go way back on mine they are only half way up

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Don't those lines designate how far you have set the distance to next car for ACC?
    Ie set more distance you get more lines
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Don't those lines designate how far you have set the distance to next car for ACC?
    Ie set more distance you get more lines
    Lol.. so the dots grow with distance setting ? I'm always on the closest, as i have found that furthest is like 5 car lenghts from the car in front

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackpaladin67 View Post
    Lol.. so the dots grow with distance setting ? I'm always on the closest, as i have found that furthest is like 5 car lenghts from the car in front

mines set at closest fella

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jap View Post
    mines set at closest fella
    Thanks Jap all balls are jiggling and bouncing and happy on tube 4.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynnston View Post
    Tube Version shows in the latest Beta of VCDS.
    Yep, I installed VCDS 18.1.0 and tube version is there. Now I have the R Cluster

VCDS Tweaks-img-4874-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Hey folks, I've just recently got a 2016 140TDi Highline w/ Lux pack and I'd like to do the sunroof close tweak and get traffic working..

I recently bought a VCDS cable from Total Car Diagnostics... turns out it's a 12.12 version cable/software..
    It seems to work and report everything ok on my MY13.5 Touareg, but when connected to the Passat, I get .ROD file errors.

According to the TCD emails delivered after ordering it, it claims it only works with version 12-12.
    I tried to download VCDS 18 off Ross-Tech site, but it won't find the interface..

Am I kinda stuffed here?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by chopsticle View Post
    Hey folks, I've just recently got a 2016 140TDi Highline w/ Lux pack and I'd like to do the sunroof close tweak and get traffic working..

I recently bought a VCDS cable from Total Car Diagnostics... turns out it's a 12.12 version cable/software..
    It seems to work and report everything ok on my MY13.5 Touareg, but when connected to the Passat, I get .ROD file errors.

According to the TCD emails delivered after ordering it, it claims it only works with version 12-12.
    I tried to download VCDS 18 off Ross-Tech site, but it won't find the interface..

Am I kinda stuffed here?
    Hi mate,

I've had a look at the website for the product you bought and yep, you're pretty stuffed. They're even open that they're selling fake cables and that it's limited to only their cracked 12.12 version.

VAG-COM VCDS 2018 - OBD2 Diagnostic Cable & Software (for VAG Cars: VW, AUDI, SEAT, SKODA)

I'm totally blown away they're selling fakes. Just wow.

Edit: I've reached out to the team at Ross-Tech to let them know TCD are selling these ****ty fakes.
    Last edited by mythik; 17-02-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mythik View Post
    Hi mate,

I've had a look at the website for the product you bought and yep, you're pretty stuffed. They're even open that they're selling fake cables and that it's limited to only their cracked 12.12 version.

VAG-COM VCDS 2018 - OBD2 Diagnostic Cable & Software (for VAG Cars: VW, AUDI, SEAT, SKODA)

I'm totally blown away they're selling fakes. Just wow.

Edit: I've reached out to the team at Ross-Tech to let them know TCD are selling these ****ty fakes.
    Hmm ok, thought it might be too good to be true. Anyone in Melb inner west/port Melb that has the right gear and can hook me up? I read up on the whole sunroof close being disabled in Aus. Boo hiss!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by chopsticle View Post
    Hmm ok, thought it might be too good to be true. Anyone in Melb inner west/port Melb that has the right gear and can hook me up? I read up on the whole sunroof close being disabled in Aus. Boo hiss!
    What's needed is:

Sunroof Comfort Closing/Opening:
    1. STG 09 (electrical wiring)
    2. STG Access Permission -> Function 16
    3. Enter access code 31347
    4. STG Adjustment -> Function 10
    5. Channel (10) access control Select 2-SAD Comfort close
    6. Set value to active
    7. Channel (11) access control 2-SAD Comfort open
    8. Set value to active

Enable Traffic Information (TMC)
    Step 1. On "Select Control Module" option click "Select"
    Step 2. Select "5F-information Elect"
    Step 3. Select "Adaptation"
    Step 4. Using pull-down menu, select "Fee Based Traffic Information (TMC)" channel (it's about 20% down the channel list)
    Step 5. Enter "1024" into "New Value" box and click "Do It!" tab.
    Step 6. Click the "Yes" tab in the "Re-code Invalid" screen if it pops up. (mine didn't).
    Step 7. When the screen in Step 5 returns, click "Add to log" to record a copy of the change report.
    Step 8. Click "Go Back" (in Step 5 screen) and exit the VCDS software

See if you can do any of the above with your current cable first.

I can help you if it doesn't work out. I'm in the eastern suburbs. PM me. My fee is a 6 pack of nice beer for simple coding.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mythik View Post
    What's needed is:

Sunroof Comfort Closing/Opening:
    1. STG 09 (electrical wiring)
    2. STG Access Permission -> Function 16
    3. Enter access code 31347
    4. STG Adjustment -> Function 10
    5. Channel (10) access control Select 2-SAD Comfort close
    6. Set value to active
    7. Channel (11) access control 2-SAD Comfort open
    8. Set value to active

Enable Traffic Information (TMC)
    Step 1. On "Select Control Module" option click "Select"
    Step 2. Select "5F-information Elect"
    Step 3. Select "Adaptation"
    Step 4. Using pull-down menu, select "Fee Based Traffic Information (TMC)" channel (it's about 20% down the channel list)
    Step 5. Enter "1024" into "New Value" box and click "Do It!" tab.
    Step 6. Click the "Yes" tab in the "Re-code Invalid" screen if it pops up. (mine didn't).
    Step 7. When the screen in Step 5 returns, click "Add to log" to record a copy of the change report.
    Step 8. Click "Go Back" (in Step 5 screen) and exit the VCDS software

See if you can do any of the above with your current cable first.

I can help you if it doesn't work out. I'm in the eastern suburbs. PM me. My fee is a 6 pack of nice beer for simple coding.
    Cheers
    I tried sunroof coding but when I went in to stg09, I got an error in vcds about a missing .rod file. I was able to enter the security code but can’t access 10-adaptation as it’s greyed out.

I tried copying the newer rod files from
    V18 vcds which I downloaded from rosstech, but it didn’t seem to work. 10 is always greyed out in multiple menus.

Didn’t have this issue on my other car though so much just be an age/compatibility thing..

I’m immobile for the next few weeks thanks to foot surgery so no rush I guess. A 6er is easily done

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast