Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS Tweaks

Hey lads... Long time lurker, first time poster- Anyone in Perth able to assist me in adding the drl on/off feature to my 17 passat alltrack? Happy to pay in the real world currency of beer...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    snala: So - as I understand for the SUNA service (here in Australia, at east), the actual TMC data is transmitted over the commercial FM radio - it uses a harmonic of the stereo sub-frequency in the RDS signal (I think). The MIB unit (the module that lives in the glove box on a mk7 Golf) combines this information with the GPS data to locate the TMC data on the map that you see on the screen.

RDS also carries other data on the FM band - like the name of the song being played, or the weather information that is sometimes shown on some FM stations. So, if you have this information displayed, you probably already have a base level of this function activated.

Now we get to the difficult part - From my work with the MIB units on a mk7 Golf, I have found that the RDS function is enabled via Byte 13, Bit 3 on the 5F control module as per the VCDS screen shot below:

BUT - as you can see from the screen shot - there are lots of Bits on Byte 13 not shown with VCDS.

Here is a screen shot from my OBDeleven dongle for Byte 13 showing the Bit which refers to the same " RDS plus" facility as well as a basic RDS function and another reference to RDS on Byte 14 (boxed in yellow) - the reference to RDS plus on the second screen is a duplicate of that on the first screen

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way of determining which Bits the OBD11 entries relate-to. So alas I can't make any definitive suggestions for your car. But you could try experimenting!

Don
    Thanks Don. Will keep looking.
    Interesting as I my brother in law and me had a tinker last night, He has the new 162TSI Tiguen so has been playing with that too and the two cars are a bit different. While mine has the 51 code for an Australian model my MIB unit is quite a bit different in spec overall as we were wondering why on the the radio settings mine doesn't show advanced settings as an options but everything else looks the same etc.
    Driving over there last night I did however get one traffic message so it is in fact working so no TP reference as an option to disable anywhere but it did have the message and associated map. This morning showing nothing so I guess nothing loaded on SUNA this morning and I do wonder about the availability and useage in NZ too.

Another hint specifically for the 206 Passat only with LEDs currently and I would say 7.5 version Golf R and GTI is that when enabling light assist (which is pretty good I might add!) for cars with LED headlamps required a guess on the long coding that we couldn't see on our VDCS.
    We had to change the longcoding in byte 2, last lines below, that was set at 1B to 1D. 1C which we could see referred xenons and light assist as below and looked like it was working until I tried it in the dark and I lost high beam.
    So we tried 1D which wasn't an option we could see to select and it is working no problems.

To Activate High Beam Assist (Light Assist)
    Open controller 09 - Central Electronics
    Security Access 16 – enter 31347 and press Do It
    Adaptation 10 – use channel drop down box, go to:
    IDE08786-ENG116637-Assistance light functions-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent
    Change Stored value from Not Present to present. Press Do It.

Open Controller A5 – Frnt Assist / Driver Assist
    Security Access, use code suggested by VCDS
    Go to Coding
    Open Long Coding Helper
    Go to Byte 2
    Use drop down box to change to Light Assist. Default is Inactive. Exit. Do It

Go back to the Central Electronics module, enter the security code
    Go to Coding, Long Coding Helper
    Go to Byte 2
    Change from Bi-Xenon w/o Light Assist to Bi-Xenon with Light Assist, Exit, Do It
    Now: MY16 VW Passat 206TSI R-Line 4motion
    Before: MY14 Skoda Octavia VRS TDI Manual, MY10 Skoda Scout TDI manual

Users Country Flag
    Quick question, apologies if its a bit dumb: I have a Rosstech VCDS cable that I used on my 2013 Amarok Highline.
    Will this cable be compatible with a 2017 Passat?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranr View Post
    Quick question, apologies if its a bit dumb: I have a Rosstech VCDS cable that I used on my 2013 Amarok Highline.
    Will this cable be compatible with a 2017 Passat?
    Yes

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Yes

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    Excellent. Thank you!!

Just have to say enabled RDS / TMC / VIM with ODB11 on my 2017 Passat 206 TSI...WOOHOO Thank you to this forum and thank you Kamold for the advice!!!
    2017 - VW Passat 206 TSI - R Line Wagon in white

Users Country Flag
    Has anyone had any luck enabling Adaptive Lane Guidance?
    I saw in the Tiguan pages the VCDS module information is there but is it expected that these will be the same for a Passat?
    2016 (MY17) Passat 206 RLine - Sedan, White, Sunroof
    2012 Scirocco R - Candy White, DSG, Panaoramic Roof, Sat Nav. - SOLD

Users Country Flag
    So was able to get some assistance today with a Ross Tech VCDS Ver. 17.13 and we were able to activate the following;
    - Instrument Gauge Cluster Sweep - neat...
    - Restore Fan Speed indicator in "AUTO" mode - neat...
    - Increased Sensitivity of the Throttle Pedal - AMAZING!!! This has made such a difference!
    - Auto Hold Release Speed - Very Good!!! and in conjunction with the throttle pedal mod I can now drive with Auto Hold and it just drives away seamlessly!!!

We were unbale to do the following though;
    - Activate High Beam Assist -I need this!!!
    - Sat Nav Nag Screen
    - Increase indicator from 3 to 4 blinks

Whenever we were in Controller A5 (07 - Coding) it would not accept without stating that we needed to exit / re-try or attempt to manually input. At this point we did not want to cause an issues so we left it as is.

Is there anyone in Brisbane (or surrounds) that has the knowledge with Long Coding to get the above working for me?
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Quote Originally Posted by Razman10000 View Post
    Has anyone had any luck enabling Adaptive Lane Guidance?
    I saw in the Tiguan pages the VCDS module information is there but is it expected that these will be the same for a Passat?
    Odd. Mine is just on already. I don't recall having to use VCDS. It sits in the menu below Lane Keep Assist and I either tick it or not. Basically makes the car fairly autonomous on the open highway, it just gets ****ty if your hands aren't anywhere near the wheel for 10 seconds or so.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    So was able to get some assistance today with a Ross Tech VCDS Ver. 17.13 and we were able to activate the following;
    - Instrument Gauge Cluster Sweep - neat...
    - Restore Fan Speed indicator in "AUTO" mode - neat...
    - Increased Sensitivity of the Throttle Pedal - AMAZING!!! This has made such a difference!
    - Auto Hold Release Speed - Very Good!!! and in conjunction with the throttle pedal mod I can now drive with Auto Hold and it just drives away seamlessly!!!

We were unbale to do the following though;
    - Activate High Beam Assist -I need this!!!
    - Sat Nav Nag Screen
    - Increase indicator from 3 to 4 blinks

Whenever we were in Controller A5 (07 - Coding) it would not accept without stating that we needed to exit / re-try or attempt to manually input. At this point we did not want to cause an issues so we left it as is.

Is there anyone in Brisbane (or surrounds) that has the knowledge with Long Coding to get the above working for me?
    We used Ross tech on Laptop to do ours and its pretty easy. See my post above for the high beam assist. You just have to change the numbers outside what is there as drop down options as it didn't have the LED option showing on ours. worse case it doesn't work and you change it back. Only relevant if you have a 206 TSI though and are trying to do high beam assist as the Xenon shutter option def doesn't work, you just lose high beam.
    Now: MY16 VW Passat 206TSI R-Line 4motion
    Before: MY14 Skoda Octavia VRS TDI Manual, MY10 Skoda Scout TDI manual

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast