Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS Tweaks

Hi Don

That worked great, thank you. One more question if I may, now that I have Traffic announcements, how do I turn on traffic congestion so it shows a red line on the map wheret here is a delay, I had this on my Golf R MK7, in Melbourne you need this.
    Many thanks, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb27rs View Post
    Hi Don

That worked great, thank you. One more question if I may, now that I have Traffic announcements, how do I turn on traffic congestion so it shows a red line on the map wheret here is a delay, I had this on my Golf R MK7, in Melbourne you need this.
    Many thanks, Mike
    I seemed to only get this after updating the maps.
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Diegothecat View Post
    Yea thats one of the options but IMO there is a better one. This is the one Im using. Sorry for the blurry pic I dont think the person taking the pic was concentrating totally on their photography skills.

They look better with a different background colour but I am unable to get a pic atm sorry.

Ok, you have me interested. How would one go about paying to get this done. I am in another state so you'd probably have to send me the instructions...?
    MY17 206 R-Line Passat Sedan, Pure White, Sunroof | Spectune STG1 | VWR 600 Intake, TMD, Inlet Elbow | Res Delete

MY 13 Tiguan 155TSI | Pepper Grey | DSG | Leather | RVC | RNS510 | ACC | 18" New York Wheels -SOLD

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Diegothecat View Post
    In the pursuit of doing all of my mods, they didn't come without a cost to me or my cars. Weeks of work has gone into learning, trying and failing and in some cases requiring the manufacture to rectify the issues that I have created which has happened many times on various mods. As this video just shows that they dont always go to plan.

Dropbox - Many Farkups.mp4
    Diego: Alas that's the inevitable plight for what psychologists call "an early adopter" - just goes with the territory!!

........ and that's why it's ALWAYS a very, very, very good idea to make a complete database of ALL the settings for the 5,000-ish adaptation channels and the code-strings for the control modules in their VIRGIN state - i.e. before making any changes to the car.

The CAN network for the previous version Passat was of the traditional type that is familiar to many forum colleagues here. However, when the B8 was transferred to the MQB platform, UDS/ODX protocols were introduced to the modules and the CAN topology was fundamentally altered. This enable much greater flexibility like the Active Display feature in your videos, which is really only possible because the dashboard module in the B8 uses VW's MOST technology (i.e. optic fiber) to drive the display.

Unfortunately, with the increased flexibility comes increased complexity - that's why it's very, very, very handy to have a complete database of settings for when the brown stuff and the fan collide! And, it's not a matter of "if" a tweak goes pear-shape - it's a matter of "when" - and when this happens (as it inevitably will happen), the database is worth every minute that was spent creating it!!

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb27rs View Post
    Hi Don

That worked great, thank you. One more question if I may, now that I have Traffic announcements, how do I turn on traffic congestion so it shows a red line on the map where there is a delay, I had this on my Golf R MK7, in Melbourne you need this.
    Many thanks, Mike
    Mike: well done with the TMC tweak.

As for your question, I suspect that Wynnston's reply is correct. The visual display link between the SATNAV screen and the TMC facility is in the software. I'm not aware of any code-string, or adaptation channel software-switches for this. If Wynnston can tell you his software version, you might check yours

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Mike: well done with the TMC tweak.

As for your question, I suspect that Wynnston's reply is correct. The visual display link between the SATNAV screen and the TMC facility is in the software. I'm not aware of any code-string, or adaptation channel software-switches for this. If Wynnston can tell you his software version, you might check yours

Don
    If it helps this is where I got my latest maps from. They are provided by Here which is part of Navteq. Not sure why they are free but from what I can tell they are legitimate. VW_APAC_Pro_MIB2_New

Users Country Flag
    They are free because you are entitled to 3 years of map updates.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Heya all I have a 2017 206TSI R-Line and am wondering how to change the color of the ambient lighting, I have OBDeleven, if anyone can assist? Id love to be able to select some colors from the infotainemnt system?
    2017 - VW Passat 206 TSI - R Line Wagon in white

Quote Originally Posted by bunglebp View Post
    Heya all I have a 2017 206TSI R-Line and am wondering how to change the color of the ambient lighting, I have OBDeleven, if anyone can assist? Id love to be able to select some colors from the infotainemnt system?
    It's static white. The LED's required for changing colour are the RGB LED's and they are a different part. You could probably retrofit but it wouldn't be cheap. I have to replace one of the trim inserts on my door and it's $550.

Is there anyway of getting the POI and Speed Limit shown on the digital dashboard. Traffic works well, and shows up on dashboard, when close enough to spot.
    Last edited by Skoda729; 16-08-2017 at 09:51 AM.
    Passat Wolfsburg 2017

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast