Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS Tweaks

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by chopsticle View Post
    Cheers
    I tried sunroof coding but when I went in to stg09, I got an error in vcds about a missing .rod file. I was able to enter the security code but can’t access 10-adaptation as it’s greyed out.

I tried copying the newer rod files from
    V18 vcds which I downloaded from rosstech, but it didn’t seem to work. 10 is always greyed out in multiple menus.

Didn’t have this issue on my other car though so much just be an age/compatibility thing..

I’m immobile for the next few weeks thanks to foot surgery so no rush I guess. A 6er is easily done
    It would also be worth trying a simple email to the company you bought it off about a newer version of their cracked software. See what they say. I see on their site they have a 17 version.

Users Country Flag
    Managed to get hold of a 17.8 cable and was able to do this. Sunroof now opens and closes and got traffic to work. Now to review several pages and work out other cool ****.

I don’t have the active dash unfortunately but plenty of other tweaks look sweet.

I saw that you can get the rear indicators to alternate between the outside and inside lights, is it at all possible to do a sweep like the newer Audi’s?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by chopsticle View Post
    I saw that you can get the rear indicators to alternate between the outside and inside lights, is it at all possible to do a sweep like the newer Audi’s?
    Our indicators are only on the outside half of the rear lamp unit so any sweep would be pretty short without a hardware change as well unfortunately.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pyridinite View Post
    Our indicators are only on the outside half of the rear lamp unit so any sweep would be pretty short without a hardware change as well unfortunately.
    Fair point, I took a squiz last night and you're right, only the outside wouldn't probably work...

I'm interested in the legality of mucking around with the tail LEDs in unison with blinking the indicator?
    I got the outer-LED to blink in unison, just wonder if that's "legal" or if no one really cares about that stuff?

Oh and another thing..
    I tried to enable the Traffic Sign Recognition and Needle Sweep using the instructions provided earlier in this thread, and while my coding was accepted, it didn't seem to save.
    Same with the Needle Sweep.. I have a MY16 with older style dash, not the active one.. does this matter?
    Re Traffic Sign - does my car not have the required hardware to use this function?

I've only had the B8 about 4 weeks and still new to all this stuff.
    Last edited by chopsticle; 26-02-2018 at 09:40 AM.
    MY16 Passat 140TDi Highline - Indium Grey - Luxury Pack
    MY13.5 Touareg V6 TDi 180 - Silver

Users Country Flag
    hi. I got an alarm horn installed at my passat b8 which is delivered at november 2017. I am using vcds version 18.2, but I can not reach "Address 09: Central electrical system" to code the part. Is there any workaround for this ?

Subsystem 5 - Part Number SW: 5Q0 951 605 A HW: 5Q0 951 605 A
    Component: Siren, DWA 005 0314

VCDS Tweaks-5dnn0d-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark975 View Post
    hi. I got an alarm horn installed at my passat b8 which is delivered at november 2017. I am using vcds version 18.2, but I can not reach "Address 09: Central electrical system" to code the part. Is there any workaround for this ?

Subsystem 5 - Part Number SW: 5Q0 951 605 A HW: 5Q0 951 605 A
    Component: Siren, DWA 005 0314

VCDS Tweaks-5dnn0d-jpg
    These BCMs do not have any coding.
    All changes are controlled through adaptation channels.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    These BCMs do not have any coding.
    All changes are controlled through adaptation channels.
    Thanks kamold. I checked the adaptation channels and found the correct one.

Hi there, had not much idea about this vcds thing. Do i just buy all the gear from ross-tech and will it work with all my cars in my sig? sorry for noob questions. cheers
    2008 MY09 Ibis White Audi S5 Manual SOLD!
    2017 MY18 Manganese Grey VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg SOLD!
    2018 MY18 Indium Grey VW Golf 110TSI Comfortline, DAP & Infotainment, Folding Mirrors!
    2023 MY23 Nevada White Cupra Formentor VZx

Users Country Flag
    Good luck getting noob answers. I've been trying for a while.

VCDS Tweaks

Quote Originally Posted by FarQ View Post
    Hi there, had not much idea about this vcds thing. Do i just buy all the gear from ross-tech and will it work with all my cars in my sig? sorry for noob questions. cheers
    Just check on the Ross tech site. They specify all the vehicles that are compatible with each cable.

Some of the cables aren’t compatible with the older cars - especially if you’re buying a second hand cable pays to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast