Thread: USB cable for Apple Carplay

Users Country Flag

USB cable for Apple Carplay

Hi All,

Call me an OCD.............................but I find it annoying seeing the cable running from the centre compartment to the airvent (where I have my phone holder) ... is there a usb port hiding somewhere closer? or how are everyone hiding their cables??

Cheers
    J
    MY13.5 Rising Blue Scirocco R - DSG - Sunroof - sold!
    MY15 Pearl Black Tiguan 155 R-Line - DSG - Dual Sunroof - SatNav - Leather - sold!
    MY17 Indium Grey Passat 206TSI R-Line Wagon - DSG - Dual Sunroof ... the Journey Continues ...
    Check out my blog for car photos and product reviews! http://www.infiniticious.com

Users Country Flag
    Wish they had integrated the wireless carplay/android auto like the new BMW 5 series will have! Bummer

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SciroccoJ View Post
    Hi All,

Call me an OCD.............................but I find it annoying seeing the cable running from the centre compartment to the airvent (where I have my phone holder) ... is there a usb port hiding somewhere closer? or how are everyone hiding their cables??

Cheers
    J
    I just leave my phone in the centre console! Problem solved

To be honest, after the first day, I stopped using CarPlay and just used Bluetooth streaming. Much easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_206 View Post
    Wish they had integrated the wireless carplay/android auto like the new BMW 5 series will have! Bummer

The 5 Series is the first production car with wireless CarPlay. It's going to take 12 months to filter down to other brands I suspect. Considering other manufacturers (like Mazda!) are still launching new cars without CarPlay, I'm just glad it's an option!
    Now - MY17 Passat 206TSI Wagon - Tungsten Silver | Sunroof

Previous - MY11.5 GTI 5Dr - Reflex Silver | DSG | ACC | Sat Nav | RVC | Bluetooth | MDI | 18" Detroits | Park Assist | Bi-Xenon's | Leather | Sunroof | R-Tails

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    I just leave my phone in the centre console! Problem solved

To be honest, after the first day, I stopped using CarPlay and just used Bluetooth streaming. Much easier!

The 5 Series is the first production car with wireless CarPlay. It's going to take 12 months to filter down to other brands I suspect. Considering other manufacturers (like Mazda!) are still launching new cars without CarPlay, I'm just glad it's an option!
    Bummer........................ that mean no solution yet. Let me figure something out over the weekend.
    MY13.5 Rising Blue Scirocco R - DSG - Sunroof - sold!
    MY15 Pearl Black Tiguan 155 R-Line - DSG - Dual Sunroof - SatNav - Leather - sold!
    MY17 Indium Grey Passat 206TSI R-Line Wagon - DSG - Dual Sunroof ... the Journey Continues ...
    Check out my blog for car photos and product reviews! http://www.infiniticious.com

Users Country Flag

Isn't CarPlay supposed to allow you to put the phone away so you don't need the holder?

In any case, the only other alternative is to do some custom work that would allow you to route the cable behind the dash only to pop out where you need it.... just like smoothing your engine bay. It may not be simple, but the results are nice

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit