Thread: Tuning and warranty

Tuning and warranty

Hi all,

I'm purchasing a 206TSI wagon 2.0T for work.

Although it is a work car, I wouldn't mind increasing the power a little.

Is there a way to tune or install a chip for more output without voiding warranty? Or at least hiding the fact that the car has been tuned?

Probably a stupid question as I'm a newbie to this but thought I'd ask!

Users Country Flag
    There are multiple threads all over the forums about this and general consensus is that a ecu map can always be detected even if flashed back to stock before taking into dealer
    There are piggyback back modules that plug in to the ecu harness i.e jb1 ect but these usually use a way to trick the ecu into over fueling and over boosting and can in some cases hurt your motor/turbo
    But are removable most say they can't be detected once removed but until your in that position you will never quite know

There is only 1 that i know of that offers a warranty of 2 years(everyone else your on your own)is abt but to make up for that they are double the price for the piece of mind and the outputs are somewhat lower than apr, jb1 ect (hence why they have a warranty i assume)
    But you can order vw and audi in germany with a factory abt tune!
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    Grab a Burger Motorsports JB1 or JB4 unit then you have a totally reversable unit that will give you a nice bump in power and torque.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

There are a number of ways that VW can detect if the newer ECU's have been a tuned or had a tuning box installed.

It's actually pretty simple to record the peak boost and peak fuelling information. If this is outside specs then the car has had a tuning box installed. There's a different code that VW use to record whether a tuning box or flash tune has been installed.

You have to assume that if you modify your car that you will void that part of your warranty. So if you're not 100% comfortable with that then don't do it.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build