Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunroof rattle noise

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by rave75 View Post
    seriously...haha, most of the times, the noise is there if it's a hot day. I'd tilt the sunroof just to get rid of the noise. VW Waitara said there is a new tpi for the sunroof which also include a lubricant (not sure a different kind of lubricant or not).

I suspect the noise is because the back end of the sunroof base is made from some kind of flex material which expands when it's hot.
    I used to get the noise on hot days, but after it got fixed, the noise came back especially if I tilt the sunroof, which is almost all the time for me.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I have finally got the car back... They installed a new revised sunroof... So far so good. I'm hoping the noise won't come back in the future.

Hi,
    I have the same issue with my Passat 140TDI sunroof. It is squeaking while driving and as soon as you open it it will start creaking. Very annoying. My dealer tried to lubricate and tight some bolts in the sunroof, but the issue is still present. Not sure what to do at this stage...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozman_au View Post
    Hi,
    I have the same issue with my Passat 140TDI sunroof. It is squeaking while driving and as soon as you open it it will start creaking. Very annoying. My dealer tried to lubricate and tight some bolts in the sunroof, but the issue is still present. Not sure what to do at this stage...
    If I were you, I'd try to live with it. I don't think it can be fixed at all. Mine was fixed twice with many new "revised" parts. The noise always comes back. It is not worth ripping sunroof apart. Lubricating won't fix the problem either.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexed View Post
    I have finally got the car back... They installed a new revised sunroof... So far so good. I'm hoping the noise won't come back in the future.

Did the noise come back?

Mine was silent for a week and then the back part creaks again when it's hot. Only creaks when I have it fully closed. I also now have slight squeaks from the headliner above my head. FFS.

One thing to note, when I had my A class, I could visibly tell that the railing were lubricated, it was greasy. With Passat, I don't seem to see a lubricated part at all?

Current: MY16 132TSI | Luxury | R-Line
    MY14 C250 W205 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort
    MY13 A200 W176 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rave75 View Post
    Did the noise come back?

Mine was silent for a week and then the back part creaks again when it's hot. Only creaks when I have it fully closed. I also now have slight squeaks from the headliner above my head. FFS.

One thing to note, when I had my A class, I could visibly tell that the railing were lubricated, it was greasy. With Passat, I don't seem to see a lubricated part at all?
    Yes the noise is back... The car was at the dealership for weeks and the problem hasn't been resolved. Not only that, but now if I open the sunroof and then close it, the sunroof slides in to close, then tilts open immediately. I have to try to close around 10 times for it to close.
    I'm sick of visiting the dealership, and I'm sure they won't be very happy to see me again.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yes the noise is back... The car was at the dealership for weeks and the problem hasn't been resolved. Not only that, but now if I open the sunroof and then close it, the sunroof slides in to close, then tilts open immediately. I have to try to close around 10 times for it to close.
    I'm sick of visiting the dealership, and I'm sure they won't be very happy to see me again.

Any luck with the sunroof repair? Mine now is really noisy from the front of the sunroof (previously the noise was from the back part). Now I have to drive the sunroof tilted otherwise the noise is unbearable.

Current: MY16 132TSI | Luxury | R-Line
    MY14 C250 W205 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort
    MY13 A200 W176 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort

Users Country Flag
    Hey Vexed,
    I had an issue with my sunroof not opening/closing & then opening straight away. The dealer replaced the switch which fixed the issue. That was around 6 weeks ago & all good since.

Users Country Flag
    For me it was a small piece of carton jammed at the back of the sunroof rail. The issue was rectified when I found it and removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newair View Post
    Hey Vexed,
    I had an issue with my sunroof not opening/closing & then opening straight away. The dealer replaced the switch which fixed the issue. That was around 6 weeks ago & all good since.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

For me it was a small piece of carton jammed at the back of the sunroof rail. The issue was rectified when I found it and removed.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
    Thank goodness you found the cardboard!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast