Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunroof rattle noise

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Vexed View Post
    Yes, the Audi service centre, they take care of Skoda's. Not sure about VW (since North Shore VW is next door, my past experience with them wasn't great)... You can give them a call though, they have been very helpful.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    What does it say on the tax invoice regarding the sunroof frame replacement? Does it say the TPI number?

I am not sure if the sunroof frame is the same between passat and your skoda.

Current: MY16 132TSI | Luxury | R-Line
    MY14 C250 W205 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort
    MY13 A200 W176 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rave75 View Post
    What does it say on the tax invoice regarding the sunroof frame replacement? Does it say the TPI number?

I am not sure if the sunroof frame is the same between passat and your skoda.
    No TPI on the invoice I am afraid...

Users Country Flag
    I'm not sure where the side secure clips are, but I will take a look... I ran the hose with a bit of water pressure over and around the sunroof and I couldn't spot any leakage.

There should be 4 drain holes locate at each corner of the roof . 2 of them are visible located at the front coroners of the drain rails when you open the sunroof .
    I test it by squirting some water into the drain rails to see if the water drain through out to the sewage around the side front door (when you open them)

One of mine was blocked by the debris (leafs ,pollen, plants, etc) hence the back flow cause an internal leakage along the A-pillar
    Audi A4 B9(8W) AVANT Quattro 2.0 TFSI
    SOLD - Skoda 2012(MY12) 125 Tdi Superb Wagon, KESSY, Power tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by skodian View Post
    There should be 4 drain holes locate at each corner of the roof . 2 of them are visible located at the front coroners of the drain rails when you open the sunroof .
    I test it by squirting some water into the drain rails to see if the water drain through out to the sewage around the side front door (when you open them)

One of mine was blocked by the debris (leafs ,pollen, plants, etc) hence the back flow cause an internal leakage along the A-pillar
    Thanks mate, I will double check that today

Users Country Flag
    What I had was clanking noise when the sunroof is tilted and "rubbing" noise when the sunroof touches the headliner due to uneven surface. After the dealer changed the whole sunroof frame, it did fix the issue, no noise at all. But after a while (1 month), I started to hear that "rubbing" noise again. Although the clanking noise when the sunroof is tilted is gone now.
    Which VW dealer replaced the frame for you? My local VW dealer is McGrath and they are hopeless. Maybe I will have a better luck with the dealer you went to?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    Rave no I don't have the TPI number sorry but just mention to your dealer to pull their finger out of their A.. and do their job and find the TPI than when they don't fix it by the tpi than to send a DISS ticket and get approval to replace the frame, the cause is a manufacture production issue in the first few sets of frames they built, just didn't get it right I guess.

Vexed, yes same for Superb as they're essentially the same car. It's a very serious job, taking an angle grinder to your vehicle is ridiculous - I've done this job before and it sucks. When you get your car back make sure you check ALL interior items as they have to remove the roof lining and 9 times out of 10 they will scratch heaps of things and try and hide it from you. Also expect to be without your car for longer than 5 days. Goodluck.
    Damn!! I think I will leave it and just put up with it and get use to it...LoL. I will be selling it in about 18 months time so no point getting all carried away with such risky repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelbaran View Post
    Which VW dealer replaced the frame for you? My local VW dealer is McGrath and they are hopeless. Maybe I will have a better luck with the dealer you went to?
    I went to Waitara's one. The noise came back though but a lot less and not always. Sometime it does sometimes it's silent.

Thanks mate, I will double check that today

My passat is being fitted with the new cassette today. It's with the body shop at the moment. Apart from checking the drain, where else should I pay attention to, after they finished putting the new cassette?

Users Country Flag
    My passat is being fitted with the new cassette today. It's with the body shop at the moment. Apart from checking the drain, where else should I pay attention to, after they finished putting the new cassette?
    To be honest, I regret repairing the sunroof noise. The noise went away for about 3 weeks, then it came back worse... It is being checked again because they have my car to replace the gearbox. I think if you have a bit of noise and you can ignore, do that.

To be honest, I regret repairing the sunroof noise. The noise went away for about 3 weeks, then it came back worse... It is being checked again because they have my car to replace the gearbox. I think if you have a bit of noise and you can ignore, do that.

seriously...haha, most of the times, the noise is there if it's a hot day. I'd tilt the sunroof just to get rid of the noise. VW Waitara said there is a new tpi for the sunroof which also include a lubricant (not sure a different kind of lubricant or not).

I suspect the noise is because the back end of the sunroof base is made from some kind of flex material which expands when it's hot.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast