Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Sunroof rattle noise

I like the idea of a sunroof but this thread is quite the turn off

Users Country Flag
    Pretty glad i didn't get a sunroof now, this combined with all the leaks in the Volkswagen Alltrack group on Facebook. I also think we need solid shades in Australia, not a perforated blind.
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Newair View Post
    Hey Vexed,
    I had an issue with my sunroof not opening/closing & then opening straight away. The dealer replaced the switch which fixed the issue. That was around 6 weeks ago & all good since.

Which dealer fixed your sunroof?

Current: MY16 132TSI | Luxury | R-Line
    MY14 C250 W205 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort
    MY13 A200 W176 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort

Users Country Flag

Sunroof rattle noise

Quote Originally Posted by rave75 View Post
    Which dealer fixed your sunroof?
    Hi rave it was Wodonga Prestige. The VW Dealer for the Albury /Wodonga area. It turned out to be a faulty switch that was replaced under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bozman_au View Post
    Hi,
    I have the same issue with my Passat 140TDI sunroof. It is squeaking while driving and as soon as you open it it will start creaking. Very annoying. My dealer tried to lubricate and tight some bolts in the sunroof, but the issue is still present. Not sure what to do at this stage...
    Hi Guys!

Just an update of the sunroof rattles/creaks: McCarrols VW fixed the issue. They've replaced something in the sunfoof (possibly the entire sunroof assembly) and there are no rattles or creaks coming from it. Roof lining was dirty and McCarrols sent the car to the detailers again to fix it. My passat is in beige leather - and I received it back in the same perfect condition as before the repairs.

Cheers!

Austral VW fixed my sunroof creaks & rattles. They loaned me a car (almost new Passat wagon with a quite sunroof) and it took two days. The headlining had to come out but they did a great job. There is a second TPI document on the sunroof problem and I think they have it fixed now. They said there was new fasteners & some other bits.

Users Country Flag
    My Passat was fixed weeks ago. Really tiny little bit rubber frictions but no knocking around noises. Pretty satisfied. They ordered fasteners to reattach the sunroof.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozman_au View Post
    Hi Guys!

Just an update of the sunroof rattles/creaks: McCarrols VW fixed the issue. They've replaced something in the sunfoof (possibly the entire sunroof assembly) and there are no rattles or creaks coming from it. Roof lining was dirty and McCarrols sent the car to the detailers again to fix it. My passat is in beige leather - and I received it back in the same perfect condition as before the repairs.

Cheers!
    I brought my car to McCarrols 7 times now, last one was in December. It was quiet after they did something but the noise always come back. Last time they said, due to design issue, the roof lining will always be dirty overtime. Can you check what exactly did they replace? Or can you PM me your rego number so I can tell them to do the exact thing as your car?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rave75 View Post
    I brought my car to McCarrols 7 times now, last one was in December. It was quiet after they did something but the noise always come back. Last time they said, due to design issue, the roof lining will always be dirty overtime. Can you check what exactly did they replace? Or can you PM me your rego number so I can tell them to do the exact thing as your car?
    Roof lining? You mean the roof cover rolling under the sunroof, right? or the lining above head?

Quote Originally Posted by zzc2010 View Post
    Roof lining? You mean the roof cover rolling under the sunroof, right? or the lining above head?
    my bad, I meant roof railing.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast