MY14 C250 W205 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort
    MY13 A200 W176 | Command | Vision | Exclusive | Seat Comfort

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rave75 View Post
    Anyone?
    No thing wrong with my MY 17 for now

Users Country Flag
    Hi,

I recently bought an MY16 Passat 140 TDI Highline with the same problem. Roof area emits ticking or rattly noises when travelling on uneven surfaces especially around Marrickville, Petersham area where roads are made of concrete. The roof also makes a very noticeable cracking sound when going up or driving off a driveway where it causes the body of the car to flex.

Took the car to local dealer and took one of the technicians for a drive and identified that something is wrong, but not exactly sure what it is until everything is pulled apart. e.g. Roof lining. I hate rattle noise with all cars and keen to get rid of them where possible, but I'm not too keen on having the roof lining and other trims removed as more damage could be done in the process to fix one somewhat tolerable issue... Imagine the sunroof rattle is fixed but then you get a new rattle or noise coming from somewhere else as result of fixing the first one!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelbaran View Post
    Hi,

I recently bought an MY16 Passat 140 TDI Highline with the same problem. Roof area emits ticking or rattly noises when travelling on uneven surfaces especially around Marrickville, Petersham area where roads are made of concrete. The roof also makes a very noticeable cracking sound when going up or driving off a driveway where it causes the body of the car to flex.

Took the car to local dealer and took one of the technicians for a drive and identified that something is wrong, but not exactly sure what it is until everything is pulled apart. e.g. Roof lining. I hate rattle noise with all cars and keen to get rid of them where possible, but I'm not too keen on having the roof lining and other trims removed as more damage could be done in the process to fix one somewhat tolerable issue... Imagine the sunroof rattle is fixed but then you get a new rattle or noise coming from somewhere else as result of fixing the first one!

What I had was clanking noise when the sunroof is tilted and "rubbing" noise when the sunroof touches the headliner due to uneven surface. After the dealer changed the whole sunroof frame, it did fix the issue, no noise at all. But after a while (1 month), I started to hear that "rubbing" noise again. Although the clanking noise when the sunroof is tilted is gone now.

Current: MY16 132TSI | Luxury | R-Line

Users Country Flag
    They need to replace the whole sunroof frame, there's a TPI for this. It's glued not bolted, so they need to cut out the sunroof frame with a angle grinder (not even kidding) goodluck. (They usually use a windscreen mob to cut it out who are more exp. as if they slip when cutting car is written off. - It's not a fun job.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    They need to replace the whole sunroof frame, there's a TPI for this. It's glued not bolted, so they need to cut out the sunroof frame with a angle grinder (not even kidding) goodluck. (They usually use a windscreen mob to cut it out who are more exp. as if they slip when cutting car is written off. - It's not a fun job.

Do you have the TPI number for this? So what is the specific cause for the rattle?

Current: MY16 132TSI | Luxury | R-Line

Users Country Flag
    Is that the same for Skoda Superb? My car is making clicking and banging noises on uneven surfaces... The dealership tried a couple of things, couldn't fix it... The car is booked in next week to replace the cassette... They mentioned windscreen guys and 5 days of work... Is that a serious job? Is it glued in?
    Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Rave no I don't have the TPI number sorry but just mention to your dealer to pull their finger out of their A.. and do their job and find the TPI than when they don't fix it by the tpi than to send a DISS ticket and get approval to replace the frame, the cause is a manufacture production issue in the first few sets of frames they built, just didn't get it right I guess.

Vexed, yes same for Superb as they're essentially the same car. It's a very serious job, taking an angle grinder to your vehicle is ridiculous - I've done this job before and it sucks. When you get your car back make sure you check ALL interior items as they have to remove the roof lining and 9 times out of 10 they will scratch heaps of things and try and hide it from you. Also expect to be without your car for longer than 5 days. Goodluck.

Users Country Flag
    Rave no I don't have the TPI number sorry but just mention to your dealer to pull their finger out of their A.. and do their job and find the TPI than when they don't fix it by the tpi than to send a DISS ticket and get approval to replace the frame, the cause is a manufacture production issue in the first few sets of frames they built, just didn't get it right I guess.

Vexed, yes same for Superb as they're essentially the same car. It's a very serious job, taking an angle grinder to your vehicle is ridiculous - I've done this job before and it sucks. When you get your car back make sure you check ALL interior items as they have to remove the roof lining and 9 times out of 10 they will scratch heaps of things and try and hide it from you. Also expect to be without your car for longer than 5 days. Goodluck.
    Damn... I'm wondering if the whole thing is worth the risk now... I will have to drop the car at the dealership tomorrow... My problem is the noise gets so annoying in hot days during summer...

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Is this still an issue with newer cars? It's turning me off the idea of adding a sunroof

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast