Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Start Stop Not Working? Worked only a day since Pick up

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Turn the aircon off and see if it makes any difference. What else is on A flash stereo or something?????
    I will try it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by doc_777 View Post
    Take it back and tell the dealer to work it out.
    It may be related with the air con as Sydney weather was changing yesterday.

The on/off system started to work again at night.

Very confused.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by zzc2010 View Post
    It may be related with the air con as Sydney weather was changing yesterday.

The on/off system started to work again at night.

Very confused.
    Does sound strange, because use of the aircon (mine is "on" all the time) does not seem to affect my stop/start system at all. Vehicle will shot down when idling at traffic lights, aircon running. When the aircon cooling circuit needs re-pressurising (requiring aircon compressor), the vehicle starts up again, then shuts off after a brief period.

Definitely weird.
    Cheers

Does sound strange, because use of the aircon (mine is "on" all the time) does not seem to affect my stop/start system at all. Vehicle will shot down when idling at traffic lights, aircon running. When the aircon cooling circuit needs re-pressurising (requiring aircon compressor), the vehicle starts up again, then shuts off after a brief period.

Definitely weird.
    Will get a check up for sure if things getting worse.

Users Country Flag

Definitely weird
    Same here, although I've only had my GTI a week nothing has really stopped the stop/start system from working (ugh). Although on the drive home today I changed the circulation settings on the A/C and it disbled the SS system. I thought that was weird but I couldn't replicate it.
    2017 MKVII Golf GTI | Pure White | DSG | DAP

Instagram @purewhitegti

Users Country Flag
    ^^ hmmm.......I'm not sure about Passat, but on its brother vehicle, Golf mk7 which is built on the same MQB platform, the driver can always find-out what's causing Start Stop to not work.

Try this :
    Press the Start Stop panel on the Vehicle status screen (sorry for the crappy picture):

You should then be presented with a list of things that are prohibiting SS operation like this:

Notice the human-head symbol on some of the entries - these are driver controlled reasons which can be manually changed (i.e by pressing a button). The entries that don't have this symbol are automatically determined by something else in the car which is beyond the driver's direct control

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 28-04-2017 at 06:23 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Hi all

I found a interesting thing with start stop system.

In my comfortline, if you start the car without wearing seat-belt, the start stop system most likely to be not working. Even you wear your sear-belt just after starting the car, it will show power consumption high in the info. The best chance to get the system working is that I wear my seat-belt and then ignite the car.

It feels like a bug to me or maybe a safer system setting?

Do you guys see any differences on your passat? Perhaps have a try~

Neal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12