Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some random thoughts, questions and opinions...

Users Country Flag

Regarding the LED strips that change colour don't you have to change the strips? How can you tell if you have the coloured ones? I gather you mean smart LED headlights being DLA?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    DLA..?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket36 View Post
    Auto-stop/start engine function defaults to on and must be manually turned off every time. But worse, and something I think is actually a defect/bug, is even if you leave the driving mode in Eco, you must re-select Eco at every restart to actually get the car to drive in Eco. Now I'm sorry, that last one is unacceptable. It's IN ECO MODE when I turn the car off and back on again but won't DRIVE in Eco mode until I manually reselect it. Auto-stop/start should have a driver configurable default position so the driver doesn't have to constantly turn it off if they prefer it off.
    My B8 alltrack definately remembers if i have it in ECO mode next time i start the car. I am not sure it gets it right every time but it has done it every time this week. Maybe you should ask the dealer about that one beacuse i think it should remember for you. Perhaps its a setting or something to do with driver profiles?

Oh, that brings me to the drive mode and auto-stop/start buttons. Why don't they swap the sides for the RHD market? They swap the side for the round Start button and the spots are already there for the buttons on the right side of the shifter. I'm not one of those whingers when it comes to cup trays and park brakes, indicator stalks or why I push the shifter away from me for manual mode but the buttons, where they're already changing a button and have spots for RHD buttons. Argh
    Completely agree. Argh. Its particularly bad because the gear lever obscures the buttons in my driving position. Hate that they did not bother to switch over those buttons.
    Passat Alltrack MY16

Users Country Flag
    What’s this BS about Skoda getting a deal from VW? Skoda is VW. Just like Audi. <shop>
    No. Skoda is a company that is wholely owned by VW. Skoda buys components from suppliers to build their vehicles-most of those components from suppliers who are also used by other VW group companies. Skoda currently receives prefential pricing on some of those components.

just because one company owns another does not mean they are the same company.

Audi owns Lamborghini. VW owns Audi. Does that mean VW owns Lamborghini? No. Audi does. And each of those companies must thrive or fail on its own merits, within the range of assistance that the parent company is prepared to provide.

As it turns out, VW has stated that they believe they have provided enough assistance to Skoda, and they now have enough market acceptance to survive without the same level of assistance they have received in the past. And if they don’t, they get either shut down or sold. After all, that is how Skoda came to become a VW Group company....being purchased as a failing enterprise and reinvigorated with HUGE amounts of investment.
    Cheers

Hahahahahaha... If VW own a company, then that owned company is VW's. No question. Yes Lamborghini is therefore an expensive, high performance, re-badged VW. It's simply in their interests to maintain the brands. Companies around the world do it ALL THE TIME.

And it's quite common in the car industry to refer to cars in such a way. I.e. the new Toyota Supra is just a BMW Z4 with a new body and interior.

If you dress as a woman but you're a man, you're still a man. Anyhow, we digress.

Users Country Flag
    No, i'm pretty sure in the car world, he'd be a she.
    Mine - Mustang GT MY20 - Carbonised Grey - "Nicky"
    Hers - T-Roc 140 TSI Sport MY21 - Reveena Blue - "Rocky"
    Previous - Passat 206TSI MY17 - Night Blue

Quote Originally Posted by curly747 View Post
    My B8 alltrack definately remembers if i have it in ECO mode next time i start the car. I am not sure it gets it right every time but it has done it every time this week. Maybe you should ask the dealer about that one beacuse i think it should remember for you. Perhaps its a setting or something to do with driver profiles?
    It will remember it is in ECO mode but it won’t use the coasting function unless you reselect ECO mode.

Ky

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserky View Post
    It will remember it is in ECO mode but it won’t use the coasting function unless you reselect ECO mode.

Ky
    Mine will use the coasting function after a restart without reselecting ECO mode. I wonder what's different with others. I have an MY16 Passat All Track with 6 speed gear box.
    Passat Alltrack MY16

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserky View Post

Ky
    Correct. And won't display "E" next to the gears either.

Don't get confused with coasting and coasting without gearbox braking. The latter is what Eco does.

Correct. And won't display "E" next to the gears either.

Don't get confused with coasting and coasting without gearbox braking. The latter is what Eco does.
    When i restart the car it displays the E next to the gear numbers on the display. It holds gears longer than normal. It coasts .. as in it displays the E with no gear number if my foot if off the accelerator. There is no engine braking if its coasting. Its 100% in ECO mode and i have not had to reselect it. I wonder why the difference in behaviour between cars.
    Passat Alltrack MY16

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast