Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So much Torque...

Users Country Flag

So much Torque...

Done only 15k in my wagon and already just changed the front tyres.
    couldn't believe how quick the original ones wore down,but compounds
    that soft don't last long.....they served me well.
    Trying a set of Pirrellis now.All tyres mega bucks

Users Country Flag
    What spec is your wagon?
    Cheers

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I'm only new here as you can see and fumbling my way thru...I have a 2016 Passatt wagon Luxury pack
    TDI in Tungsten Silver.Love it.Never ever thought Id own a VW.

Users Country Flag
    Interesting.

I have an Alltrack (4 motion). 14k, in for its first service today. Tyres are hardly worn. My wife has a 132TSI comfortline. Hers has around 18k on the dial if I recall and tyres are in great condition.

Might be worth looking at how hard you brake, how hard you accelerate etc if your tyres are wearing out that quickly. Also check pressures regularly.
    Cheers

Have been a courier in Sydney 25 plus years and really spoil my car,drive it with care and ease as I know
    hard braking accelerating and cornering (dam roundabouts)really punish tyres and brakes,thats why I drive
    easy.Those Conti tyres that come standard are super soft as you prob know,but they are a performance
    tyre and thus wear quicker.When I got car serviced they said that's normal.Got different ones now so Ill
    see how they stack up.Service at VW said brakes are: front are 11mm and rear 10.5 mm left and wearing
    great.

Users Country Flag
    Okay, we have Pirellis on both ours. P7 with the "seal inside" compound.
    Cheers

mine came with the std Continentals...which have now been phased out for a new
    series,the back ones are still pretty good its just the front ones that I replaced.
    Got P7s now,leave a big footprint on the road which is what you need.

Steve
    Steve

Signature worked....Yay
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryman1961 View Post
    Have been a courier in Sydney 25 plus years and really spoil my car,drive it with care and ease as I know
    hard braking accelerating and cornering (dam roundabouts)really punish tyres and brakes,thats why I drive
    easy.Those Conti tyres that come standard are super soft as you prob know,but they are a performance
    tyre and thus wear quicker.When I got car serviced they said that's normal.Got different ones now so Ill
    see how they stack up.Service at VW said brakes are: front are 11mm and rear 10.5 mm left and wearing
    great.
    I've bought 3 new VWs, 2 were fitted with Contis, one with Bridgestone, driving in and around Sydney never got less than 40K from a set. Plenty of roundabouts where I live and I'm not overly gentle on the accelerator. Something not right if you have to replace at 15K.

Were they evenly worn? I'd be looking at wheel alignment and/or tyre pressures.

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Hey thanks George,I run 40psi.....I like 34 to 36 but my best mate sells tyres,he says run 40 in these big
    daddys,They were worn even as,and I got wheel alignment anyway but he says that was in spec,Its like
    I put my finger in the groove everyday and it was disappearing.Sydneys northern beaches where I live has
    a lot of roundas and you just gotta go gentle around them.Ill see how the P7s go and I'm confident they
    will do the job with the 40 psi in them.
    Last edited by mysteryman1961; 08-03-2018 at 10:07 AM.
    Steve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast